jeep suspinsion

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

jeep suspinsion

Postby wingshooter2009 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:55 pm

im thinking about getting a 4in lift for a jeep wrangler that im gonna buy soon. i plan on doing some wheeling with it but nothing to hard core. any thoughts??
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:19 pm

What series do you have: YJ TJ XJ LJ JK CJ MJ WJ ZJ

I'm partial to superlift cuz its in the family but basically your getting intoa hurt, its never just a lift. :rofl: But you need to find out exactly what you will be doing and what you think you might be doing in the next few years. That along will save you tons a money. You got alot of reserch to do.

Start here: http://www.superlift.com/
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby wingshooter2009 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:06 pm

yeah ive already checked most of the brands out. im looking at geting a TJ. a little bit of rock crawling is what ill be doing.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:39 pm

First of all, no offense to LaRedneck, but superlift is junk. For a short arm lift, Rubicon Express is one of the best out there. At 4" you are also going to need some driveline modifications, either a SYE, t-case drop, adjustable upper control arms, or all of the above. Depending on the size tire you plan on running as well you will really want to consider beefing up if not replacing the stock axles. 33" tires will do okay on a Dana 35 rear as long as it isn't locked and you aren't heavy on the skinny pedal, but 35" tires won't last a second even if the axle isn't locked. I am pretty knowledgeable about Jeeps, PM me if you have any real specific questions, orr I will check back into this thread later on.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby wingshooter2009 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:13 pm

how much would a total cost be for everything needed to run a 4" lift and all the bolt on to insure that it s funtionaly fit?

wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:07 pm

Well, what are you looking to have done? What size tires are you planning on running?
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby wingshooter2009 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:15 pm

i plan on running 33's with a 4in lift.

wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:18 pm

As long as you don't lock the rear axle, you shouldn't have to do anything to beef it up. I would suggest looking into this kit: http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products. ... F894440475

Provided you are looking at a TJ, not a YJ.

Since that kit comes with a t-case lowering kit, you shouldn't need an SYE
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby wingshooter2009 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:04 pm

yeah thats the one i was originaly looking at...could u put the coilspring spacers on that kit just for an added 1in or so or would that run a muk?

wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:53 pm

For 33's I wouldn't go past 4", There really isn't any need. You can stuff the 33s into the wheel-wells just fine at 4", and adding that extra inch is only going to raise your COG making it all the more tippy. Also at 5" I don't think you could get away with only a t-case drop. You would be looking into an SYE and a new rear driveshaft.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby wingshooter2009 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:16 am

yeah that is true.... but hey thanks for all of the help! :thumbsup:

wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:22 am

np, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum