Camo Clad

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Camo Clad

Postby double » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:13 pm

I have an 05 ext cab silverado and was thinking about doing the camoclad along the bottom as kinda a rock gaurd. Any of you guys ever used this stuff? How hard is it to apply or do I need to let a body shop do it? Does it hold up well? I want the protection for my paint but I also like the "that guy loves to hunt" statement.
double
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:39 pm

We have a place around here that does it for roughly 300 bucks. Its a little more expensive than if you did it yourself, but I only saw one tiny wrinkle in a friend's truck. If you do it yourself, especially for the first time, you'll fight wrinkles the whole time. Plus they guarantee it not to peel for a year or two I think.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby KCDuckMaster » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:34 pm

I'm not sure about the camo clad, I've never used it. My dad took his truck and had rhino lining sprayed on the bottom edge like you are talking about. He had it colored the same color as his truck(white) and you cant tell its there unless your right there next to it and know its there. He farms and drives down gravel roads every day and he doesn't have a single rock chip. Now I'm pretty sure they cant do camo with it but if protection is more important then I would go with the rhino lining.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby huntnfish89 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:26 pm

KC,
What did that run your dad to have Rhino Lining put on like that?
huntnfish89
DHC Sponsor

Postby KCDuckMaster » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:48 pm

Honestly I don't know, because one of his friends has a shop and he paints cars and applies rino lining for a living. So my dad and 2 or 3 others bought one can and they all just had the sides done and his friend put it on for free. But I would think it would be to bad since its only a little strip going down the sides if you were to take it to a shop.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby waterfowler9 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:27 am

I am not sure what the cost of doing the lower panels are but i know if you want to do the bed it cost $500-$550 depending if you get it over the rails or not. hope that give you an idea, if i had to guess i would say maybe 300-400 for the rhino.
waterfowler9
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum