blazer axel conversion/swap

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

blazer axel conversion/swap

Postby wingshooter2009 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:28 pm

ive got a 1995 blazer 4x4 and was wondering what i would take to swap the torsion bars with a solid front axle?
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby fowl_wishes » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:51 pm

A skilled mechanic and fabricator!!!!

Or at least a good conversion kit and a very good welder!

IT aint as easy as some pleople make it sound. I knwo that they make pre-made kits for the 1/2 tone trucks. But i do not knwo of a kit for the3 S10 Blazers off the top of my head.
Shoot'em close. Less to pick.

They might get my guns, but they'll get the bullets first !
fowl_wishes
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:01 pm

yeah, have fun with that :rolleyes: you would most likely end up having to redo your whole front suspension as well
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby NCSUTACOMA » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:42 pm

1-10 scale, 1 you can do it, 10 nobody in the world can do it. I would say its a 8 or so. Its really hard you pretty much have to torch off your entire front suspension, and piece it all back together with a mix match of other vehicle parts. If you want hard core off-roading capabilities I would get a different vehicle, but if you insist on a SAS (solid axle swap) on your rig then definitely pay the right shop to do it.
NCSUTACOMA
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:49 pm

It not that big of a deal. Rip all your current stuff out. Weld on some spring brackets and get going. Ive helped on all sorts of sas from toyotas to 02 chevys and in between. I say go for it.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum