i need a DHC opinion "blue book value"

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

i need a DHC opinion "blue book value"

Postby wingshooter2009 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:22 pm

im looking into trading my 1995 blazer 4x4 with the 4.3 vortec and 103,XXX miles on it for a 1994 wrangler 2.5 with 150,XXX miles. the trade would be the jeep for the blazer and 1500 cash in my pocket.
what do some of u guys think about this? :help:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby greenster » Thu May 22, 2008 9:56 pm

If everything is in good condition, no mechanical problems etc the Chevy is worth between $3000-$3500.for the jeep you looking value to be between $3500-$4000. Now you know the approximate value just make good judgment.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Thu May 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Do you have plans to fix up the jeep? Why would you buy a 2.5 unless your looking at fuel cost. Other wise it about one to one besides 50 thousand miles so money in your pocket is diffentally a plus.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby wingshooter2009 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:36 am

well it does have a rear main oikl seal leak (the jeep) but with the extra cash i ciould do the swap for the 4.0 or a chevy 4.3
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby fowl_wishes » Fri May 23, 2008 4:02 pm

IMHO i would keep what you have.

The $1500 may be nice in your pocket, but i jsut dotn see how you could do a good job swapping out a 4.0 for the 2.5. You might be able to get a junkyard engine with a decent wiring harness. And that is assuming that the fuel pumps are the same between the 4.0 and the 2.5. I cannot say for sure.

And if you end up getting a junkyard engine, you are goin in teh hole when it comes to reliability int eh long run.

You have a much nicer vehicle to me. It may not be the offroad machine that you are trying to achieve. But it owuldnt be worth steppign back to the Jeep and STILL have to do work to it.

I have seen things like this tried many times thru the years. and none of them worked out like the buyer hoped.
Shoot'em close. Less to pick.

They might get my guns, but they'll get the bullets first !
fowl_wishes
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum