Tires Question

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Tires Question

Postby MO Waterfowl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:59 pm

Hey guys, Im interested in buying these set of tires for my truck. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/738186484.html

First question is will they fit? I have a 07 Chevy 2500HD Extended Cab, no lift or leveling kit. Can I fit these without rubbing when i turn and such.

Second question, how bout the price? Too much or a bargin? I was thinking that it was a pretty good deal since American racing wheels sell for like $200 right? The guy says that he only has 2500 miles on the tires. Not bad.

What should I do? Buy them? Or offer less money?

Thanks, MO

Oh yeah its $750 for all 4 tires and wheels.
MO Waterfowl
hunter

Postby fowl_wishes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:23 am

Is your 2500HD a diesel?

A buddy of mine had that truck with a Duramax in it. He could nto run 285/75s on it without fubbing on the inner fenders.

If the tires are truly only 2500 miles old, that prices aint bad at all for the tires and wheels.
Shoot'em close. Less to pick.

They might get my guns, but they'll get the bullets first !
fowl_wishes
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:31 am

If thats the price Id buy em either way. Thats a good deal. Im not real sure about chevys on clearance but I think with a leveling kit you could clear them just fine. Leveling kit shouldnt cost you that much either.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:21 pm

Hell yeah thats a steal, 750 for both yeah, i'm sure they'll fit too might have to get a spacer though not sure bout that.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MO Waterfowl » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:18 pm

No its not a diesel. I emailed the guy tonight and asked if he would take $650. I dont want to low ball him tho. I know they would fit if I put on a leveling kit. About how much does a leveling kit cost and could I put it on myself?

Thanks
MO Waterfowl
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:07 pm

Depends, do you just want the spacers up front or do you want to go with some sort of air bag system. Either way there cheap, bout 200 to 500 bucks depending on what you go with and would take about 2 ta four hours to put on depending on experience.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MO Waterfowl » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:58 pm

Well the guy said that he would take 650 for them! So im going to go get them this weekend. Ive been reading that some people crank up the torsion bars. How do you do that? Just tighten the bolt inward? Also what kind of mpg loss will I see with these new ones?
MO Waterfowl
hunter

Postby dx1187 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:39 pm

MO Waterfowl wrote:Well the guy said that he would take 650 for them! So im going to go get them this weekend. Ive been reading that some people crank up the torsion bars. How do you do that? Just tighten the bolt inward? Also what kind of mpg loss will I see with these new ones?

Gotta love a bargain!!

Go somewhere that does frontend alignments and have them raise the torsion bars for you. Personally I would want it realigned after it is done. They will strongly suggest the same.

You may notice a loss of 2-4 miles per gallon loss.
dx1187
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum