Enclosed trailors

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Enclosed trailors

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:33 pm

Enclosed trailors for feild hunting. my buddie and me are thinkin about getting one,

If any one has one, i would like to see some pics, or hear about the specs of it, and what you haul for dekes, and blinds etc

I have 2 doz fullbodies and 2 doz shells, and looking to expand, so i am wondering how big the trailor would need to be plus have room to expand in it
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:05 am

we use a 10x12 and also use a old coors light trailer for very large spreads a typical goose spread for us can range anywhere from a couple dozen geese to 400+ gettin a trailer is a big investment im gonna customize mine this year in shop class build deke racks dog box
outside lights and a new generator

go big if you cut corners and go small youll regret it

this year we may just use as many decoys as we can fit in the back of the truck and our very small flatbead car trailer due to gas and diesle pricesthere bagged we will then use anywhere from 4 dozen goose decoys on the car trailer and duck decoys and blinds in the bed o yeah we also put the dog box on the trailer everything is strapped down and usaully in bags
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Postby orangefoot » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:45 am

Im wanting a 5' x 8' that should be big enough for what i need but you have more dekes than me so you might wanta go to a 6' x 12' or even bigger. :thumbsup:
"Grind Em"
orangefoot
hunter

Postby ghilliehunter » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:53 pm

I went with a guy last year that used a 5th wheel that his dad had. But his dad ran a seed company so you probably don't have anything like that.
RIP slayer, only the good die young
ghilliehunter
hunter

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:57 pm

ghilliehunter wrote:I went with a guy last year that used a 5th wheel that his dad had. But his dad ran a seed company so you probably don't have anything like that.

har har, funny joke, at first I was excited about the idea but then i relized that I do not have a dad that owns 4 differant trailors and has a one ton dodge....darn
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby the.hines2 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:45 am

You know I was looking at getting a small enclosed trailer myself. Storing everything inside. I was hoping to have enough room to put the sneak boat in as well.
Do you guys that have them, got any pictures of your setup?
Shawn
Shawn Hines
ST Marys, GA
the.hines2
hunter

Postby ghilliehunter » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:50 pm

DuckSlyer16 wrote:
ghilliehunter wrote:I went with a guy last year that used a 5th wheel that his dad had. But his dad ran a seed company so you probably don't have anything like that.

har har, funny joke, at first I was excited about the idea but then i relized that I do not have a dad that owns 4 differant trailors and has a one ton dodge....darn

:tongue: :tongue: couldn't resist
RIP slayer, only the good die young
ghilliehunter
hunter

Postby evins74s » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:07 pm

check out www.craigslist.com you can find some good deals on enclosed and utiltiy trailers there.
evins74s
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum