Decoy Trailer

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Decoy Trailer

Postby duck slayer02 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:16 pm

Who all uses them? I'm thinking about getting one, but i dont know if it'd be worth it. i was planning on sleeping in it, so i can stay places for the weekend and not have to pay for a hotel. If you have one, what size is it? How many decoys can you fit in it? Whats your layout like?

thanks,
David
"Stephens Waterfowling"
duck slayer02
hunter

Postby Got Ducks? » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:50 pm

I have an Interstate Cargo black 6X12 tall with side door and rear barn doors and a ladder rack (great for canoes or layouts) that I am thinking of selling.

I am not sure on the year but I would guess 96 or 97. It is by no means new. My buddy, who is a general contactor, bought it new and towed it around full of tools from job site to job site for 8 or 9 years. It has dents and the frame has surface rust but it pulls just fine and stores lots of full bodies. I have taken it to North Dakota 3 times and pull all over my area with our field spread. Sits in a barn 9 months out of the year. Pulled it with a Durango, F150, Silverado, Expedition, Explorer (V8), Suburban. Not all the marker lights work but the tail lights, turn signals and brake lights do work.

We haul 10 dozen GHG full body honkers, 2 Avery Finishers, 2 Avery Power Hunters, 2 large rubbermaid totes with silos, rags and duck decoys.

I would sell the trailer for $1500 OBO.
Got Ducks?
Newb

Return to Vehicle forum