2005 GMC Sierra A/C Problems

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

2005 GMC Sierra A/C Problems

Postby Hoot8541 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:12 pm

Fellas,
I got a 2005 GMC Sierra, 5.3L V-8. Got home from work and had the AC running, and when I turned the vehicle off, the blower kept blowin out cold air. I disconnected the negative terminal and it cut off. The next morning it didn't blow at all. Cold air trickles out at highway speeds, but no adjustment for fan speed. The temperature is still adjustable, but the rate of output is only based on my speed. Checked some forums, but can't find an answer. I know the blower is behind the glovebox, but should I disconnect the airbag first? I mean, for obvious reasons, but is it as easy as unplugging the wires from the actuator box?? Then, how do I get to the blower, as it is covered in a black case. Looks complicated, but from what I hear, it could be as simple as a ground connector that came out or has a bad connection. Its gettin pretty hot here in NC, so the quicker the better.
Hoot8541
Newb

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:55 pm

:welcome: to DHC. There are some guys here that are mechanics and can propably help. I think chevys have a resistor that is notorious for going out but I may be brain farting.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby hovey » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Try your relays. If you are wanting to unhook your airbags make sure that you disconnect the negative terminal first. Go from easiest to hardest. It may be something simple and cheap.
hovey
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:34 pm

Sounds like the blower resistor to me, but there is no need to disarm your airbags or disconnect your negative battery cable. However, the problem with the blower motor resistor is usually you have certain speeds but not others.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum