What tires for my?.....

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:36 am

I put Toyo Opencountry AT's on my truck about 2 months ago and it was my first set of AT's. I generally have an MT on my trucks but this one sees more winter driving so I wanted more Ice and snow traction. They have a Deep and agressive looking tread but are completely quiet on the road without the loud roar of the MT. they also have a 500 mile test drive policy and if you do not like them they will refund your money.

I tested them out several times and they work great in mud too but they really impressed me in the sand. My MT's would dig holes in sand but these just push right through. there is a particular boat launch that requires 4x4 to pull the boat out of and I have seen a lot of people stuck or have to hit the 4 wheel drive to get out of the ramp Including me. I tried it this time in 2 wheel and drove right out it only slipped once until the locker kicked in and then it was like I was in 4x4. and the boat is a 18' loaded with gear on a steep sand ramp.

I am very happy with them so far and the price was well under $700 for all 4 of the 265/75-16's.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby bambam » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:54 pm

i really like the bfg mts if you are looking for a more conservative tire. if u are looking for something more aggressive i would go with super swampers. u can never go wrong with swampers. i have also had a set of pro comp mts and didnt like them too much. big chunks get torn out of the rubber. although the pro comps do an amazing job in the mud. ive gone where swamper tsl radials got stuck. but im more of a pedal to the metal kinda guy whereas the swamper radial guy didnt know what he was doing.
bambam
hunter

Postby Puddler81 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:09 am

I'm currently running BFG A/T and I have no issues. great highway feel and I haven't found a trail that they can't handle yet. They're great on snow too. Living in Michigan, snow is my biggest obstical.

Puddler
Puddler81
hunter

Postby ugly ford » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:04 pm

36x12.5 supper swamper tsl's the look is great, the wear is even, and if you ever want to fling mud like a champ let them spin and throw mud like you have never throwen mud. these tires are just not good in rain or ice. but really what tire is good on ice?
if you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in english thank a veteran.

MIA POW YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTIN

there is nothing more deadly then a MARINE and his rifle!
ugly ford
hunter

Postby smitty07 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:14 pm

The Toyo MT's are hands down the best all around mt tire out there!!!!
smitty07
hunter

Postby Sir Big Spur » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:22 pm

if your going along the lines of an AT i just put a set of 33 inch Nitto Terragrapplers on my 07 F150 and they are really nice, work great in the rain, mud, snow, everywhere! and they dont have the loud rour like some other tires have, and pretty afrordable as well
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Previous

Return to Vehicle forum