Cargo Area Ideas

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Cargo Area Ideas

Postby Dixie Chicken » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:08 pm

I'm sporting a new grand cherokee and trying predict how everything is going to work come duck season. I need something to protect the cargo area carpet and the back of the rear seats because I'll be putting my waders and decoy bag in there after each hunt.

I've found some cargo area mats that would keep the carpet somewhat clean, but nothing that would protect the seats and side of the cargo area when loaded with wet/muddy gear.

Anybody that hunts and drives an SUV let me know how you deal with this situation.
Dixie Chicken
hunter

Postby hunter121390 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:07 pm

you could try and drape a blanket or something over the back of the seats and the side of the cargo area.
If it flies it dies
Take em'
"My guns will be pulled out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking, and a pile of empty magazines and brass at my feet. "
"kill em' all, let God sort em out."
hunter121390
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:49 pm

Husky liner makes one for the back. Ive got them in my truck and wouldnt do without them. you can hold a lot of water and mud in them before they spill over.

http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/64A1456A0A0.aspx

http://www.autoanything.com/GenericPage ... uctID=1456
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby apexhunter » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:23 am

I'd make a platform out of 3/4" plywood and 3 pieces of 2x6 to create a false floor then put a cargo mat on top. You can store guns and jackets underneath for easy access and then all of the dirty/muddy stuff on top.

For the back of the seats I use an old army blanket draped from the headrests that can be washed (or hosed off) and replaced when nasty.
apexhunter
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum