check out my new duck killin' rig!

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

check out my new duck killin' rig!

Postby Montanafowler » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:33 pm

hey guys, check out my new rig, '03 dodge 1500 4x4! 29,000 on the odometer and 12,000 out of my wallet.

my new rig and my old ford. how can you tell where a redneck's house is? yeah, there are 4 trucks in front of my house.

mine and my dad's rigs

it ain't nothing fancy, no power windows or anything, but it's a truck! it's got a rhinoliner, shell's coming off this weekend, i'll keep it for when i move to montana though. got the 4.7 liter V8 and a ducks unlimited front license plate. also got the nerf bars, might sell em, 32 inch mud grips and am getting max 4 for the interior decorating i'll be doing :yes:
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:36 pm

good looking truck, idaho. got to love them big ole tires!
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby shootnmiss09 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:01 am

very nice truck, a little step up from that ford :biggrin:
~I'd Rather be Hunting~
shootnmiss09
hunter

Postby waterfowler9 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:21 am

to be a true redneck you need to have at least 2 of the trucks in your front yard. but good looking truck i got a 06 dodge 1500 TRX4.
waterfowler9
hunter

Postby Willie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:22 am

Nice looking truck!
Willie
hunter

Postby Skyblaster7 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:09 am

not bad, but you should have gotten a ford! Something about seeing that old truck still runnin would have made me buy ford!
Skyblaster7
Forum Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:53 am

trust me, i would have gone ford again, but it wasn't my decision.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby don taylor » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:13 am

idahofowler wrote:trust me, i would have gone ford again, but it wasn't my decision.

That a boy! Don't let these Chevy guys sway you. Dodges are cool. Dodges get terrible gas mileage though. Good price too.

You are about the most suburban redneck I know. My neighbors aren't that close and I live 5 miles from the city .
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:31 am

actually my dad's hemi gets 17-18 mpg average, pretty good for a truck. i was told mine get's 15-16 with the oversized tires.

i hate where i live, i'm not even in the city, they just built a subdivison in farm country. good thing i'm getting out soon. don, you see how my ford is parked? that is a strategic spot to point the headlights directly into my neighbor's front window to light up her entire house every night :yes: my family has been at war with her for a while, last year she built an ice burm in front of my truck so i couldn't drive. she calls the cops on me just about every week.

i'm sure she enjoys the sound of my glasspack during duck season too :rofl:
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby Skyblaster7 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:24 pm

idahofowler wrote:actually my dad's hemi gets 17-18 mpg average, pretty good for a truck. i was told mine get's 15-16 with the oversized tires.

i hate where i live, i'm not even in the city, they just built a subdivison in farm country. good thing i'm getting out soon. don, you see how my ford is parked? that is a strategic spot to point the headlights directly into my neighbor's front window to light up her entire house every night :yes: my family has been at war with her for a while, last year she built an ice burm in front of my truck so i couldn't drive. she calls the cops on me just about every week.

i'm sure she enjoys the sound of my glasspack during duck season too :rofl:

Will you be my friend? :thumbsup:
Skyblaster7
Forum Moderator

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:04 pm

don taylor wrote:That a boy! Don't let these Chevy guys sway you. Dodges are cool. Dodges get terrible gas mileage though. Good price too.

You are about the most suburban redneck I know. My neighbors aren't that close and I live 5 miles from the city .

That's what I was thinkin' too. Basically, if you stand on your front porch, and throw a rock, and it hits your neighbors' place, you either ain't redneck or you are way way misplaced. :rofl:
Nice looking rig, even if it ain't a ford. :biggrin:
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby shoot-n-goose » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:39 pm

QH's Paw wrote:That's what I was thinkin' too. Basically, if you stand on your front porch, and throw a rock, and it hits your neighbors' place, you either ain't redneck or you are way way misplaced. :rofl:

Well crap, i can hit 5 of my neighbors with a rock from my front porch and i hate it. You should see the looks i get from the people across the street when i start loading up the guns :biggrin:
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:55 pm

hahaha, guess what? the neighbor just called the cops on me for transfering my plates, too bad i reregistered them already. the cops think the truck's cool too, they also want to know why i have a nicer truck than they do. :yes: The city must not pay too well :huh:
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby MossyGO! » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:46 am

I thought they raised the driving age to 18? :huh:
idahofowler wrote: i can shoulder a gun faster than anyone i know. i try to let the people i'm hunting with have the first shot because i can clean house even if i fire last. with instinct shots, no one beats me.
MossyGO!
Forum & State Moderator

Postby crewchief252 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:13 am

Nice , but how rough of water will it take :lol:
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dukmunky » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:27 pm

Where in Montana are you moving to?
Dukmunky
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:32 pm

great lookin truck idaho! if it were me i woulda went with a chevy though! :biggrin:
DUCKS ARE GOOD EATS. EAT WHAT YOU KILL.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby Sean » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:14 pm

Looks awesome, don't you just love those kinds of neighbors that get nervous when they see you put guns in your truck :P
Sean
hunter

Postby buffleheadnc2 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:32 am

I would try leaving that shell on there for a while and see how you like it. I know that was the best thing I ever added to my truck, you can put all your gear back there and lock it up and it won't get wet in bad weather etc. you can also make a slider so you can pull it out to reach your gear. BEST thing is more space for waterfowl decals.
buffleheadnc2
Forum Moderator

Postby Ducks4Coach » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:52 am

So is it easier to kill ducks from the drivers seat or the passengers? Very nice truck though.
-Coach

Going for 50!
Ducks4Coach
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:55 pm

well, my new truck took the road of being "crapped out" today, my tranny now makes a wonderful grinding/clanking sound while i'm driving :mad: :mad: had the thing 2 weeks and already having problems, those freakin' germans need to learn how to build trucks right. :mad: :mad: anyway, i think it is my torque converter, my boss' made a similar sound but way louder (after he drove it like that for a month). i have seen 3 dodge transmissions blow in 3 years, mine's the 4th. why doesn't dodge get a clue and beef em up to Borg Warner quality?

opening day is this weekend, i'm driving the damn thing regardless.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby shoot-n-goose » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:51 pm

Or just get a Chevy with an Allison Trans :thumbsup:
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:56 pm

idahofowler wrote:well, my new truck took the road of being "crapped out" today, my tranny now makes a wonderful grinding/clanking sound while i'm driving :mad: :mad: had the thing 2 weeks and already having problems, those freakin' germans need to learn how to build trucks right. :mad: :mad: anyway, i think it is my torque converter, my boss' made a similar sound but way louder (after he drove it like that for a month). i have seen 3 dodge transmissions blow in 3 years, mine's the 4th. why doesn't dodge get a clue and beef em up to Borg Warner quality?

opening day is this weekend, i'm driving the damn thing regardless.

Man that sucks. It's too bad that Dodges have crap transmissions because otherwise they would be nice trucks

shoot-n-goose wrote:Or just get a Chevy with an Allison Trans :thumbsup:

As far as I'm concerned the Allison is over-rated. A lot of people make it out to be more than it is. Out of the "HD" transmissions out there the Allison actually is weaker than the Ford transmission.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:11 pm

aj, what does ford run these days? also, do you think it's the torque converter that's making the noise?
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby ajmorell » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:07 pm

idahofowler wrote:aj, what does ford run these days? also, do you think it's the torque converter that's making the noise?

Not sure who manufactures the Ford transmissions, and I'm not real sure how their gasser transmissions hold up, but the torq-shift behind the powerstroke can take some abuse.

As for the noise, it's hard to say. Are there any other symptoms?
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Vehicle forum