Duck Hunting Forum banner

Jeepers?

1K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Phytoplankton 
#1 ·
:hi: Anybody got one one here? I got a 95 YJ 2.5l 4banger, new "stock" suspension from General Spring(1.5" of lift) and 31s. Whats your Jeep?

#2 ·
I had a 98 Grand Cherokee (ZJ) that was somewhat built (HP30/8.8 swap, 4.56s/locked), long arm front suspension, ~4 of lift, 33" tires, winch, etc). I got rid of it a few years ago but I still miss it on occasion. I'll probably pick up another project in a few years when my son is old enough to help work on it, although I haven't decided if it'll be a jeep yet or not.

#4 ·
Had a 1975 CJ5 on 40's, A 1987 Grand Cherokee (the big ones) on 33's and a Cherokee chief all stock. I am hoping to find a rust free CJ5 I can put in the project bay and start work on it next spring

#5 ·
waterfowlhunter said:
Had a 1975 CJ5 on 40's, A 1987 Grand Cherokee (the big ones) on 33's and a Cherokee chief all stock. I am hoping to find a rust free CJ5 I can put in the project bay and start work on it next spring
A Grand Wagoneer is on the list of vehicles I'm considering for my next project. They can be had for cheap around here and are all rust free. I always thought they looked pretty cool lifted ~4 inches on 33s

#6 ·
ajmorell said:
waterfowlhunter said:
A Grand Wagoneer is on the list of vehicles I'm considering for my next project. They can be had for cheap around here and are all rust free. I always thought they looked pretty cool lifted ~4 inches on 33s
lol, a Santa Fe'an! I'm just south of you, in Los Lunas!
on another note, There seems to be quite a few of us on here!

#7 ·
ajmorell said:
waterfowlhunter said:
See link around 4:40 and 11:57 are some good shots of the Wagoneer. this is video 2 or 3 I have posted. This was just about every weekend.

I had a couple of IH Scouts too. One had duals front and rear and a Wrecker boom on the back. The other was a plow truck. I think it would be nice to have a rust free scout or Wagoneer.

Mine said grand Wagoneer on the side and AMC / Jeep on the inside but had Cherokee emblems on it too. I think some of the older ones were called Cherokee too. Most of the ones I have seen were all leather interior too. Makes it easy to clean up.

A guy I used to mud with had one with no lift and 36" swampers. Just some fancy fender trimming (HACKING) and there was no rubbing at all. The suspension on them is so soft that they work great in the mud and tend to not bounce as much as a hard suspension does. Some of them had the junk auto track transfer case so avoid the ones that were full time or selec-trac.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
0915081851a[1].jpg

This was my dads jeep. It had a ton of mods and was a tow only crawler. It had everything except the V8 he wanted to add before he passed. Had the inline 6 and 5 speed original with 90k when I sold it. 39 1/2 inch IROCs, beadlocks, racing seats. cage work, all the axles (Dana and Ford 9 inch) and suspension where one off and heavy duty, he had moved the back axle back about a foot to give it a bigger "step" 5.13 gears front and rear welded, and much much more. I loved this thing and it would climb a tree. Jeeping was his life.

Attachments

#17 ·
Have/had '93, '94, '96 & '99 XJ's & two GC's '97 & '98 models.

Couple were lifted and were either daily drivers and or hunting rigs.

Always heard a 4"+ lift kit on a GC was asking for potential problematic issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.