Gold price's at the pump

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Gold price's at the pump

Postby duckdog » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:16 pm

WOW is'nt gas price's just goin nut's. $2.59 today where I live, that is insane, thank God I carpool to work! What is the deal with this crap, why doe's it keep going up. I think it is all politic's, with gas price's on the screaming way up just think what it will do to everything else, it will go up do to the cost of shipping. Seen a HUGE dump truck go by today on an oversized load, one of them where it take's a 20' ladder to get in it, I would hate to see how much that cost's to truck across the countyr. Ahh jus twait till this winter, with heating cost's. It should be real nice, amybe I will get my kid's 20 gallon's of gas for christmas :laughing:
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:46 pm

My grandpa owns a gas station, old fashion too, they still pump your gas for free and wash your windows, but anyways if you complain to him about gas prices he will tell you hes not making a thing its all the bigger companies, hes just trying to stay in business. I have heard that story a thousand times.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:35 am

:mrgreen: Stop yer whining, You guys aren't paying nerely enough to complain about. Gas here is $1.129 per liter/ short quart for reg. and our wages are taxed higher also. Ahhh the price of liberalized freedom. :toofunny:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:33 pm

Greg Wile wrote::mrgreen: Stop yer whining, You guys aren't paying nerely enough to complain about. Gas here is $1.129 per liter/ short quart for reg. and our wages are taxed higher also. Ahhh the price of liberalized freedom. :toofunny:

You hit the nail right on the head Greg, funny how something like 65% of the price of gas is tax and supposed to be directly returned into the maintenence of roads and highways. I don't know about out your way but here some of our roads look like they run through a war zone. Pothole central!! :toofunny:

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:09 pm

They are crazy.. I heard gas prices are like 5 cents a gallon in Iraq..
Anyone know how the duck huntin is over there, and if I could get a good job? lol..

/\/\alyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby canadian_mix » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:56 am

1.04 today in ontario... I work just for gas it seems... normally $40 fills my car up to the bursting point when I start at quarter of a tank... now 45 still doesn't fill it all the way up!
I wish my little 39 cc crotch rocket was road legal!
Git er dun!
canadian_mix
hunter

Postby DuffMaN » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:05 am

Well, I think it's good for gas prices to go up. America has been so dependent on fossil fuels since the beginning of time almost that finally gas prices will be so high that people can no longer afford to pay the prices. This will cause people to shy away from massive cars that are really unnecessary (who in the hell needs a 3500 with a 6 liter v-8 to commute to work anyway?) and embrace public transportation, alternate fuel sources, and research towards a different, more efficient fuel.
"I hope I don't have any drugs in the ashtray..."
-Drummond Taylor
DuffMaN
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:32 pm

duff, just cause you don't have a need for one doesn't mean others might not. prices of gas going up are not going to keep people from driving. not enough to make a difference anyways. that would be a lifestyle change of epic proportions in this country and impo it just won't happen. it is ridiculous where the prices are now though. all this is going to do is encourage more theft at the pump. it's so bad in my town now that unless you pay with a CC at the pump, there isn't a gas station in town that will turn one on until they have cash money in hand. a lot of them refuse checks for gas now too.

canadian, don't feel bad, i dropped $68 in my truck yesterday at the pump and the day before i filled my wife's tahoe up for $71. i do that just about every 2 weeks or so... :pissed:
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Re: Gold price's at the pump

Postby bluewing77 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:32 am

duckdog wrote:WOW is'nt gas price's just goin nut's. $2.59 today where I live, that is insane, thank God I carpool to work! What is the deal with this crap, why doe's it keep going up. I think it is all politic's, with gas price's on the screaming way up just think what it will do to everything else, :

hey check this out. i just HAD to dig this old post up. hey Mod, you should move this to the HH or CI forum.
bluewing77
hunter

Postby hunter121390 » Fri May 30, 2008 9:08 am

wish it was 2.59
If it flies it dies
Take em'
"My guns will be pulled out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking, and a pile of empty magazines and brass at my feet. "
"kill em' all, let God sort em out."
hunter121390
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Fri May 30, 2008 10:04 am

Hell, 3.59 would be ok for me right now!

I'm buying a Focus today so I don't have to spend $100 or so a week just to drive to work and back....
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby bluewing77 » Fri May 30, 2008 9:02 pm

my wife's 2006 corolla gets 40+ mpg.... was $15K. i borrow it as often as possible. no shame!
bluewing77
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Sat May 31, 2008 7:10 pm

i would crap a bag of green skittles if i could pay $2.59 for a gallon of gas.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum