Herculiner

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Herculiner

Postby gsphunter » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:57 pm

Hey guys, I'm wanting to put a bed liner in my pickup so the scratches that are in there don't rust.

I'm on a tight budget and $400 for a Linex is just a little high, so I was wondering if any of you have tried the do it yourself roll on liners? It's super cheap compared to the spray on ones, but I haven't hear good stuff about it from the few people I have talked to. Just wanted to get some more input.
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:25 pm

Gsp,

I know what yer sayin bout the "tight wallet" deal. :smile:

I have never tried one... so I will be interested aswell to hear what folks will say.

Great question :salude:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:16 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:27 pm

i have rhino lining in my 03 z71 and love it. it's is tough as nails, doesn't slip, and looks really good. i think it was $365 installed so it sounds cheaper than the linex stuff you're talking about. i would definitely consider it. if you can't swing that fee, maybe call them and see if they can work something out with you. or save up the money to have it done when you can. i definitely wouldn't waste my money or time on any of the self applied types. just my .02 though...
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby SL80Shooter » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:37 am

If you decide to use a do-it-yourself bedliner it will last a lot longer if you put some extra effort into surface prep. Make sure to go over every inch of surface to be covered with steel wool or scotch-brite, then wash and dry it. If you only work on the surface for an hour or so then slap the stuff on, it probably won't last very long.

I put a Herculiner on my brother-in-law's truck about three year's ago, and it still looks pretty good. Overall it's not as tough as a commercial bedliner, but it's a fourth the price.

Hope this helps.
SL80Shooter
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:33 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:32 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I know the sprayed in one's are probably the best bet as far as durablity goes, because my dad has the linex in his 01 Sierra. The stuff is amazing. It's like shrp said though, I don't know if I can swing at that price. When I see numbers like that, I see a new shotgun or something. Can you tell I'm young? :mrgreen:

I might check into the Rhino linings, I've heard from other people that they are cheaper also. I think there is a dealer and installer right up the street from me, so it would be easy to look into.

Thanks again for the replies.

Hey bgold, how long has yours been in and how does it look?
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum