Duck Hunting Forum banner

lift for a montero sport?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Pumpgunner 
#1 ·
does anybody know any body that manufactures a lift the mitsubishi montero sport?

#5 ·
I have always wanted a montero, But back when Dodge imported them and called them a Raider, A buddy had one and at that time there were no lifts for them. Yours is the bigger more refined version but that little Raider would go anywhere a jeep would go and it had factory air ride seats for comfort. have you checked 4wheel and off road's web site? they have links posted to most all of the lift manufacturers.

#6 ·
yea i found one for the montero. its made by soem company called old man emu or something like that. yea you should look at gettin one. i've had mine for 2 years and really like it. i miss my tacoma at times but i like all the room that i have in my msport. overall tho i would keep it. i still kinda wish that i had my single cab tacoma back with a lift and mud tires on it, but this one is a lot newer and economical.

#7 ·
I had a short-wheelbase Montero for a few years, the one Dodge imported as a Raider. I really miss that thing sometimes! The OME kit for it is the only commercial kit that I know of, and if I remember right it costs megabucks. When I had my Raider the way most folks lifted them was to crank the torsion bars in the front, get spring spacers for the rear coils (or blocks if you had the 4-cylinder leaf spring version) and put a body lift in, there was a guy named Roger Brown making a 2" body lift kit out of his garage for a while. If you did that you could fit 33's under there which would lift your chassis about 2" over stock. There is a great Mitsubishi forum on the 4x4wire site, check it out and those guys can point you in the right direction!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.