Trailer hitch options?

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Trailer hitch options?

Postby Ducks504 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:08 pm

I have a 05 Ram 1500 4.7L 2wd, it currently does not have a hitch, just the rear bumper with the mounts for the ball. I know they have the small hitches that just bolt under the rear bumper/frame and then the full frame mounted hitches. I'm just going to be towing a 16' jon with a 30hp outboard, nothing extreme. Can I get by with the smaller/cheaper hitch mount or is it best to get the more expensive/full mounted hitch? I'm kinda strapped for cash in lieu of getting a boat soon.
Ducks504
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:50 pm

It really depends. You need to find out the weight of the boat that you will be towing and base it off of that. I am thinking you can probably get by with the cheaper of the two but I don't know of the top of my hand what it is rated for load wise.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:11 pm

the bumpers have load ratings stamped in the plastic where you put the ball. i think you can get by with just a ball on the bumper.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum