Argo vs ATV

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Argo vs ATV

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:49 am

I have a Kawasaki Brute force 750 with ITP mud tires on it, It will go thru ANY mud i have ever encountered hunting or farming but it will not float. :no:

I am looking at an ARGO or MAX 6X6 (I have heard that the max has a better trans) but they look like they only have about 6" of ground clearance.

Who has owned one of these 6X6 Machines? are they good in the mud and trails? I am looking to be able to use it in shallow water of saginaw bay. but I also want it to be good around the farm. I see several out on the bay that have blinds on them. they just drive out and hunt rght out of the machine. some haul a trailer full of decoys and it is a real work saver.

I did already check this out with the DNR and was told it is legal to drive these across the dry part of the bay to get to the water but I can NOT drive my ATV out there or they will ticket me. they consider the agro amphibious and allowed on lake beds even if dry. but ATVs are not allowed on what they call "bottom land" :thumbsdown:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum