cooper s/t tires

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, ajmorell, KCDuckMaster

cooper s/t tires

Postby mattm25tx » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:28 pm

I just ordered a set of them in 265/75/16 e load range has anyone ran them what should I expect. They are replacing bridgestone dueler a/t revos I know it is a step down from the revos I just couldnt drop A $grand right now for tires.

They look beefy enough
Matts Mobile Marine Service

If your not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room
mattm25tx
hunter

Re: cooper s/t tires

Postby ajmorell » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:27 am

mattm25tx wrote:I just ordered a set of them in 265/75/16 e load range has anyone ran them what should I expect. They are replacing bridgestone dueler a/t revos I know it is a step down from the revos I just couldnt drop A $grand right now for tires.

They look beefy enough

I think you'll be very impressed with them. The tread is very aggressive on them, but from the few I know who have run them they are still good on the road. I don't know that I would call them a step down. They might be cheaper but they are still a great tire.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby mattm25tx » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:37 am

just had them put on and I like them so far they arnt as noisy at highway speeds as I thought they would be and they sway alot more during highway manuvers, But they still have the rubbers tits on them so they arnt gonna handle just right yet

matt

mattm25tx
hunter

Postby mattm25tx » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Got about 5,000 mi on them so far and I really like them and would recomend them to anyone. Handle good on the highway very good off road and in wet weather and icy conditions. Seem to be wearing very good too.

mattm25tx
hunter

Postby NHDuckHunter » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:28 pm

best all-around tires I have been able to find. The noise reduction alone should make you extremely happy. they are very quiet on the highway.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby mattm25tx » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:32 pm

NHDuckHunter wrote:best all-around tires I have been able to find. The noise reduction alone should make you extremely happy. they are very quiet on the highway.

They are louder than my revos that they replaced but they arnt as loud as look like they would be.

mattm25tx
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:47 pm

I just had some 33x12.50s put on the dodge and I like them so far. I was going to get the STT but the guy at the cooper place said that the oilfield guys were running them but switched to the ST because the were getting better wear and mileage out of them. So I went with his advice, the were also 45 dollars a piece cheaper. :thumbsup:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby ajmorell » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:41 pm

Smackaduck wrote:I just had some 33x12.50s put on the dodge and I like them so far. I was going to get the STT but the guy at the cooper place said that the oilfield guys were running them but switched to the ST because the were getting better wear and mileage out of them. So I went with his advice, the were also 45 dollars a piece cheaper. :thumbsup:

Unless you're rock-crawling or mud-bogging the S/Ts should do everything you need them to :thumbsup:
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:11 pm

The most Im gonna have that thing in is a muddy boat launch.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby buckmeister » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:22 pm

I am looking for the same size tire for my baby Hummer H3, I want a tire that is decent enough in the mud occasionally when I deer hunt. Is the cooper St that tire?
"Give me liberty or give me death"
buckmeister
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:52 pm

buckmeister wrote:I am looking for the same size tire for my baby Hummer H3, I want a tire that is decent enough in the mud occasionally when I deer hunt. Is the cooper St that tire?

You might be better off with the STT. The S/T is what I would call an aggressive All-Terrain, but when you take it into the mud it is just going to cake up. The STT should still wear pretty well (40k+ on a full-size truck) and will outperform the S/T offroad day in and day out.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby buckmeister » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Thanks for the tip, I am going to slap a set of stt coopers on right now. They look bad arse ase well!
buckmeister
hunter

Postby buckmeister » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Well the STT's look great, a tad noisier than the Goodyear wranglers I had on there. I think I am going to put on some more less agrresive tires until bow season starts and then put the coopers back on, I am afraid they will wear down too quickly. They will be fun to slap on October 1, -Jann.15. and then right back on with the less agressive tires. That will keep the STT in good shape for the next five years, hunting seasons. But man they look good.
buckmeister
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:39 am

I had coopers on my 2500hd and IMO they were junk. the wet / slippery traction was worse than any tire I have ever run and the mud traction was not much better. I have run goodyear AT that were 100% better on ice and snow and even better in the mud. I just got rid of the coopers and put on toyo's AT's and they are night and day difference. better ride, Quieter and outstanding traction on icy roads. Again this is just what I experienced, I even had a NEW spare that now sits in my garage and I bought a brigstone dualer on a wheel for $45 to use as a spare, to me the cooper is not even worthy of hanging under the truck as a spare. Mine were 285/75-16's and went about 25,000 miles ( rotated every 8000 and pressure kept at 60psi ) before the sidewalls started to crack (dry rot)
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ajmorell » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:11 am

waterfowlhunter wrote:I had coopers on my 2500hd and IMO they were junk. the wet / slippery traction was worse than any tire I have ever run and the mud traction was not much better. I have run goodyear AT that were 100% better on ice and snow and even better in the mud. I just got rid of the coopers and put on toyo's AT's and they are night and day difference. better ride, Quieter and outstanding traction on icy roads. Again this is just what I experienced, I even had a NEW spare that now sits in my garage and I bought a brigstone dualer on a wheel for $45 to use as a spare, to me the cooper is not even worthy of hanging under the truck as a spare. Mine were 285/75-16's and went about 25,000 miles ( rotated every 8000 and pressure kept at 60psi ) before the sidewalls started to crack (dry rot)

I do remember hearing that Cooper did have a pretty bad batch of tires that weren't worth a crap in terms of wear or anything else. I have heard they since resolved that issue.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Mine were from the 2004 timeframe.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ajmorell » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:21 pm

waterfowlhunter wrote:Mine were from the 2004 timeframe.

I don't remember exactly what years it was but that sounds about right, I want to say I was thinking around 2003.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:01 pm

i have them on my gmc 1500 sierra and i like them alot
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Postby gaduckhunter33 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:56 pm

i have ran two set on my chevy 2500 duramax love em they have lasted my about 2 years or so both times i think they ride great and dont really whine like other new tires do i think you will like them
gaduckhunter33
hunter

Postby dx1187 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:18 am

Wish I would have known you were looking. I would gladly sell my 305/70/16 Cooper ST's. They have around 5k miles on them (maybe) I drive a wrecker and the truck only gets driven a couple of times a month. They are great tires on the road but I am use to Boggers and LTB's in the mud......no comparisson.
dx1187
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum