Old Trucks

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Old Trucks

Postby Smallcreekmallard » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:45 am

Does anybody on here use an old truck.. im talkin before 1980 or so. ive got a 79 ford with a 400 engine in it and its a beast.. almost got it for free too.. just gettin her fixed up and she'll make a great beat around and muddin truck
Smallcreekmallard
hunter

Re: Old Trucks

Postby ajmorell » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:50 am

Smallcreekmallard wrote:Does anybody on here use an old truck.. im talkin before 1980 or so. ive got a 79 ford with a 400 engine in it and its a beast.. almost got it for free too.. just gettin her fixed up and she'll make a great beat around and muddin truck

I've wanted a 78-79 F250 Highboy for a long time, lifted, big block, on 44s. Probably won't happen for a while but it's still on my list. Post up some pics of your 79! :biggrin:
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:33 am

I drove a 79 Ford all through high school but sold it shortly after graduation cause I wanted air conditioning. :yes:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Smallcreekmallard » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:43 am

Smackaduck wrote:I drove a 79 Ford all through high school but sold it shortly after graduation cause I wanted air conditioning. :yes:

Ha im in high school now and thats the one problem with them. Mines just got regular tires and is an f-150 its a blast to drive though and i got it for a dollar and it still ran! Ill get some pics up here sometime soon.
Smallcreekmallard
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:49 am

Smackaduck wrote:I drove a 79 Ford all through high school but sold it shortly after graduation cause I wanted air conditioning. :yes:

I don't want one for a daily driver (obviously...44" boggers aren't exactly practical)....I just want one to run the piss out of of. :yes:

Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:31 pm

That looks for 72ish. :hi:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby ajmorell » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Smackaduck wrote:That looks for 72ish. :hi:

Couldn't find a good pic of a '78 on 44's :yes:

..not gonna lie though, I would probably take a '72...
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:49 am

Me too, I would have anything through the 70s. Wish I would have never got rid of mine.

Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:07 pm

i've got a '69 f-100, she's waiting back home for me to fix 'er up and go cruisin' :thumbsup:
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby TNmatt83 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:54 pm

I had an 81 Chevy in high school with a 6in lift and 33's and a 4spd with the granny low first. In 4low and first gear you could get out and take a nap and it wouldn't move more than a couple of feet, it was awesome! It was loud as all get out too but the no air conditioning got to me pretty bad though. I didn't think my grandpa was gonna talk to me he got so mad when i bought it cause our whole family is all fords. I sold it my freshman year in college and bought my dad's truck because the no airconditioning was death in that thing.
Any day that starts with a cold boat ride is a good one
TNmatt83
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum