DIY cold air intake

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

DIY cold air intake

Postby Montanafowler » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:55 pm

I just spent a sunny day making me a CAI for my dodge ram . I did the whole thing in my dorm parking lot and it took about 4 hours. I decided to go with 3 inch metal duct tubing rather than pvc, because the winters here get to -40, and i figured that the cold plus offroad driving would break the pvc. took her out for a test drive and man, is that thing cool! my throttle used to lag by about 2 seconds, sometimes longer; not anymore. i can definitely feel a power increase on it, and it gives the engine a bit more of a throaty sound when i punch the gas. total cost was 70 dollars.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124 ... 250023.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124 ... 250024.jpg
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Re: DIY cold air intake

Postby HuntersDad » Mon May 04, 2009 3:40 pm

Nice job man.
HuntersDad
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:30 pm

You are not getting the full potential.
Anytime you modify the air intake, exhaust or ignition...YOU MUST RESET THE COMPUTER so the ECM can go thru the loop and rest the best new changes of the mod.
To reset it is very simple with the engine off disconnect the positive battery terminal say from 1/2 hour to 3 hours so the computer can clear itself and then put back the positive and start the engine and drive it thru a variable couple miles to high speed road ttrip to set the shift points, air calibration and timming sequences...trust me you will hear and feel the difference.
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Wed May 20, 2009 8:58 pm

already reset it.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum