a bit of 4 wheeling (56K nightmare)

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

a bit of 4 wheeling (56K nightmare)

Postby Montanafowler » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:48 am

Ran up to a place called Hyalite canyon here last week, was there a few weeks ago and it still had snow that i was busting through, snow's gone now though so I went to check out more dirt roads, covered about 15 miles of dirt roads, not much but they were fun. I'm fixin' to hit a jeep trail tomorrow that i went up last month, hit snow there about 6 or 7 miles in, should be able to do the whole thing now.

Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Re: a bit of 4 wheeling (56K nightmare)

Postby GoldHunter » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Great looking country...looks like a blast!! :beer:
GoldHunter
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:15 pm

thanks, here was today's trip, which i went on by myself. This was just a 4 wheel trail, which for the most part is rocky, but easy to maneuver even in my big truck, there are a few spots though that are narrow and nearly impassable, as can be seen in the pictures. It wasn't raining until after i got in about 5 miles up this trail, and visibility in the fog was 20 yards. in total i think i went about 11 miles and rose 3500 feet in altitude.

this was the highlight of my day, my rear wheel slid to the edge of the road here and collapsed the edge, dropping the truck off the side of a very steep mountain. I had to build a ramp using trees and rocks to get back up onto the road. luckily it worked without collapsing. I think i must've spent two hours building the ramp before i even tried it. pictures don't do justice for how steep it was, i had to dig in every time i went to add a rock or something because i would start sliding downhill.

coming back through there was nerve wracking, i jammed my passenger side mirror as low as i could so i could see where my rear wheels were tracking, i also decided to really sidehill it that time too, which only left me 6 or 8 inches of room from the outside edge of my tire to the edge of the road from what i saw in the mirror. honestly thought that my truck was gonna tumble the 2000 feet to the bottom.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby hunter121390 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:09 pm

looks like a lot of fun. good that you got out. beautiful country there
If it flies it dies
Take em'
"My guns will be pulled out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking, and a pile of empty magazines and brass at my feet. "
"kill em' all, let God sort em out."
hunter121390
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum