Programmers

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Programmers

Postby GooseBuster09 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:37 am

I recently bought a 2000 silverado with 60,000 miles it is lifted and has oversized tires i was wondering if there is a good programer out there that can fix my speed gauge and offer me more power.
GooseBuster09
hunter

Re: Programmers

Postby Montanafowler » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:07 pm

dealerships can reprogram your speedometer for 20 bucks. tuners are everywhere, they're all about the same as well.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby ajmorell » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:00 am

Montanafowler wrote:dealerships can reprogram your speedometer for 20 bucks. tuners are everywhere, they're all about the same as well.

IIRC dealers can only reprogram up to certain percentage difference, which is typically somewhere in the neighboorhood of 3-4% since they aren't actually changing the ECU. Some programmers offer a lot more adjustability, so I guess the question is how big of tires are you running and how far off is your speedo?
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:39 am

gas or diesel.....just save you money your speedo can't be that far off. Or go all out and get a new gear.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby devildog28 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Like I've stated time and time again STAY AWAY from the programmers!!!

You can find someone in your town with a wideband dyno tuner that'll get more power out of your truck for the same cost and sometimes less!
devildog28
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:20 pm

Programmers have their place, but are not the do all/end all that people hope them to be. Without some reprogramming work, I wouldn't have had near the power with some rides as I did...and sure couldn't have done some of the mods I had.

But, for the OP, more info is needed to reach a proper conclusion on what should be done.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby hovey » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:28 pm

If you go with the programmer, remember that you get what you pay for. If you're gona do it, then research em and buy a good one.
hovey
hunter

Postby 1ynggun » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 am

edge or bully dog....bully dog has great customer service and a lot of new products...i have used it on a 7.3L before..unreal power increases...just MAKE SURE you have an intake and 4 inch pipes running out or you will starting melting important things...
1ynggun
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hillman raider » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Deff. get a edge.... I got one for my 2008 f-150. I have the 4.6 and after the edge it feels like a 5.4. Im going to send it out to Power Hungry Performance to get custom tunes to gain more power. Im also getting 2 MGP better.
hillman raider
hunter

Postby Sir Big Spur » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:33 am

if its a Duramax, people can go on for days about programmers, but if its a gasser then theres a choice few that really shine, if you are thinking about a banks, stay away, many people love their programmers and other products but personally you can get WAY MORE than what you pay for with that name.
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Postby dieselduck » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Well i think I can weigh in a bit here as I have tuned many trucks. The best option is to look at a program called EFILive. See if anyone in your area has it and knows how to use it. If theyre kind enough its $90 for a license and I can help you out with the tune. Then just flash that puppy in. Im no fan of programmers because if you arent happy with it, youre stuck with it anyway. EFILive is infinitely adjustable.
dieselduck
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:15 pm

dieselduck wrote:Well i think I can weigh in a bit here as I have tuned many trucks. The best option is to look at a program called EFILive. See if anyone in your area has it and knows how to use it. If theyre kind enough its $90 for a license and I can help you out with the tune. Then just flash that puppy in. Im no fan of programmers because if you arent happy with it, youre stuck with it anyway. EFILive is infinitely adjustable.

:thumbsup:
supr87gt
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum