**PICS ADDED** Truck Bed Sleeping Platforms

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

**PICS ADDED** Truck Bed Sleeping Platforms

Postby usmc2220 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:22 am

Ok broke down and started the project... for those of you looking for ideas on this topic see below. I will post pics tomorrow when completed. I will be getting the http://www.tentsontruck.com/fullsize.html tent to polish it off after I'm done with the platform itself.

The platform: I make it out of preasure treated (probably over kill but as Tim "the tool man" Taylor would say har har har har har :hammer: ) 4x4's posts and 2x4's. I used 3" decking screws on the frame... will probably use 1 5/8" screws for the hinges, and 1/4" plywood on top. well I'll post pics tomorrow folks.

Next to come: The CB... I saw someone had an antenna mounted on the roof rack... Like the idea and going to run with it.

Redneck-mo-bile almost complete. :lol: :beer:

www.pigseye.com/jackson/index.html

http://www.damartruckdeck.com/Index.aspx expensive but WOW!!! you can change the side it opens to accomadate a topper

http://www.swaygogear.com/articles/truc ... fault.html
Last edited by usmc2220 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
usmc2220
hunter

Re: Truck Bed Sleeping Platforms (SEE PICS TOMORROW)

Postby usmc2220 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:06 pm

Hey guys,

Heres some pics for inspiration.
Complete Install.jpg

Hatch Open.jpg

Bed.jpg

Got sloppy with the screws on the hatch but have since sawed them off... too cheap to buy a second box of screws... :yes: There are 2 hatches on each side that flip up like that. There are turnbuckles securing each side to the respective wheel well side. The center piece is loose, for removal and easy loading.

Let me know what y'all think.
usmc2220
hunter

Re: **PICS ADDED** Truck Bed Sleeping Platforms

Postby OrangeLake » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:12 pm

Looks good. You think that center piece of 1/4" will hold up for long though? Looks like it could use some support.
OrangeLake
hunter

Postby tader » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:43 am

Here are some great ideas. Post #55 is mine. I am now trying to come up with a plan for the back of my truck too, but I have a few things in the bed that I'll have to work around...
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/s ... ruck+shell
tader
hunter

Postby hunter121390 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:52 pm

looks good :beer: if i had a cap on my truck i wouldnt mind doing something like that
If it flies it dies
Take em'
"My guns will be pulled out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking, and a pile of empty magazines and brass at my feet. "
"kill em' all, let God sort em out."
hunter121390
hunter

Postby shoot-n-goose » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:08 am

I did something like this for spring turkey. I took three 2x4's and ran them across the bed of my silverado (with a topper) in the notches just above the wheel wells. Then I took some plywood and cut two 6.5ft pieces about as wide as a sleeping bag (one for the driver side and one for the passenger side) and stuck them ontop of the 2x4's. Throw some foam for padding on the bunks and it sleeps two people with more head room(since it sits just over the wheel wells instead of by the bed rails), and you can sit up on the bed and put your feet in the center(and also reach under the beds). I also added a shelf in the front that sat on the bed rails for gear. Worked great and is easy to store.
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby canis521 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Here are pics of what I did in my truck. I built it about 6 years ago and it has worked well- for storage and sleeping.
Attachments
DSCN0007.JPG
DSCN0201.JPG
DSCN0204.JPG
DSCN0203.JPG
canis521
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum