Peru

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

Peru

Postby THE TRUE WATERFOWLER » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:38 am

I'm looking at doing a 2011 Peru trip. I know I want to try to collect a torrent duck, what other waterfowl and upland are available? Does anybody have an outfitter recommendation?
Killin' and grillin' since the sixties
THE TRUE WATERFOWLER
hunter

Re: Peru

Postby AAR » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:32 pm

This is the only one I know of. A good friend went on this hunt and is featured in and took many of the pictures. He said it was an awesome hunt, very collector oriented. Now looking at it, there is a program #3 that has some really cool species to go after.

http://www.finandfeathersafaris.com/Peru/index.htm

Eric
It's not just a bird mount, it's a Schmitty Bird Mount
AAR
Forum Moderator

Postby duxrus » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:04 pm

:lol: Small world Eric. The other guys in the brochure are my clients..... :thumbsup:

My clients had a blast and said the outfitter worked his butt off so you got your targeted birds. The cin teal numbers were off the charts from what they said and these guys have been everywhere...Twice
duxrus
hunter

Postby manitobawoj » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:03 pm

Very beautiful birds but sounds like an extremely dangerous place to travel to.
Check out www.getducks.com , I'm sure Ramsey will be able to put you on those birds.
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby SAduckshooter » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:09 am

Edited for content. Mentions non-sponsor 6 times in one post.

Good hunting!
SAduckshooter
Newb

Postby wganders » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:14 am

Edited for content.
wganders
Newb

Postby AAR » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:19 pm

One post per person for the last two and only to boost about Los Gauchos? Honestly that's awful over the top to be just well wishers. If that is the case than recommendations can be done via pm to protect paying sponsors.

Eric
AAR
Forum Moderator

Postby The Waterfowler » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Bird available:
Torrent duck
Andean Goose
Crested Duck
Andean (Peruvian) Ruddy
Puna Teal
Andean Cinnamon
Speckled Teal
Helping waterfowl make bad decisions since 1961.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby wganders » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:13 am

Here are the ducks available in Peru:

Speckled Teal
Yellowbilled Teal
Silver Teal
Crested Duck
Cinnamon Teal

and of course a favorite waterfowl - Andean geese...
Last edited by AAR on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Another obvious push to spam.
wganders
Newb

Postby AAR » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 pm

Trying to get the message across that it doesn't take a genius to figure out that two people "join" at nearly the same time and both "coincidentally" are just in awe of the awesomeness for an outfitter. If you want to contribute to the forum great, but if not within the rules then next step is to get problematic members reported to the admin to be banned.

Thanks for the cooperation,

Eric
AAR
Forum Moderator

Postby lats » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:12 am

Hi my name is Luis I am from Peru.
I go back to Peru every year for Christmas and during this time my dad and I go hunting. We have a farm up in the mountains and one in the coast.

The guy that listed the ducks is true we have all of those ducks and many more like the bahama pintail, blue and green wing teal, silver teal, Muscovy and others…. We also have two different types of Andean goose one is larger and has orange feet and bill and the other has dark feet and bill and is smaller they both have white body’s with black on the wings.
The guy that posted its dangerous to travel to Peru has obviously never been there because that’s just not true. Americans are always welcomed and have no trouble traveling to the interior of the country.

There are several hunting outfitters in Peru some you can find on the web and others you can’t. Most of the American owned outfitters will be more prepared and will accommodate you better and these are the ones you can find on the world wide web… the Peruvian outfitters will be less equipped and a bite ruff on the edges but will also produce the animals but you won’t find them on the web you would have to go down there and ask around or call…

To legally hunt in Peru you need a hunting license and a gun permit. The way this works is:
First you contact the outfitter he will ask for a copy of your passport a picture (mug shot) and the cost of the license is about $40 US dollars. If you want to take you own shotgun you will need some more time this process will be about 2 or 3 weeks long. You declare the gun in the Peruvian airport customs then go to the DISCAMEC and that’s where you will get the Temporary Gun Import License. The cost is about $100 US dollars… I would recommend rent a gun because this process is too long and tedious
Don’t let the outfitter tell you that you don’t need a license because this is not true and you might get in trouble if you get caught!!

There are also several other species you can hunt like 6 or more different types of doves, the Perdiz (tinamou) this is a bird like a Hungarian partridge, the Viscacha this is a rodent like a chinchilla but bigger. There are deer the Andean white tail deer this is the smallest of all white tail deer. BE CARFUL not to confuse with the Taruca this is also a deer but its protected and endangered some outfitters especially the Peruvian ones will try to sell you a hunt DON’T do it its illegal. You should Google the names to see the difference in the animal its very simple look at the antlers!! There are also rams like the Inca four horn this is different from the American four horn or the Jacobs four horn…

I will also advise you to look at the Peruvian hunting calendar and go by what is says there to avoid problems. I will post this info also If you cant download it just ask your guid to give you a copy..

The Peruvian hunter’s forum this is where you can find the hunting calendar also: (Anuario de Caza 2010)
www.ballestaperu.com

The Peruvian hunters association you can read about Jim Schokey going to Peru in search of the Andean white tail…and you can find out about hunting license
www.cazaperu.com

Hunting outfitters:
http://www.huntingandfishingtravel.com/ ... unting.php
http://www.internationaladventure.com/p ... nting.html
http://www.finandfeathersafaris.com/Peru/Program1.htm
http://www.jhunterperu.com/

Hope this is of some use to you,

Luis
lats
hunter

Postby lats » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:21 am

I also forgot to mention that you can hunt in Peru without the outfitter.. you still have to get the license and gun permit. The best way is to meet some one that knows the hot spots that way you dont have to pay the 600 plus dolars a day for the outfitter hahahah

later,

Luis
I don't hunt to live, I live for the hunt.
lats
hunter

Return to International Duck Hunting