Duck Hunting Forum banner

Hello from Finland

11K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  Kaamos 
#1 ·
I´ve been reading this forum for sometime...And decided to send some pics from our duckhunts.
Me and my buddies hunt in Northern part of Finland at Liminka bay area, Which is most important gathering/resting area in Finland during fall migration. Hope you enjoy :smile:

A calm day

Greenwing teals

2009 first migrators (Mostly widgeons)

Same as above

Chasing the cripple

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi!

Hunting pressure is really high when the season is opening at 20th of august, but a month later bay is not so crowded.
You wanted more pics...O.K! Here´s some :smile:

Tuning the spread

Sometimes it is boring

Goldeneye

a few more

Smoking kills! :wink:

Kaamos

#7 ·
:smile: Thank you! Nice to visit at DHC. Finnish duck forums are pretty dead at this time of year.
Season is over, in fact it was over at the end of october. Cold front froze up the waters and the birds flew down to Denmark and other warmer places. :mad:
Now we have -22 Celcius and freezing north wind.

Kaamos

#9 ·
Hey, you guy's boats, clothes, even your ducks look like ours! Imagine that.
I have some questions if you don't mind:
What kind of vehicles you drive to pull those boats?
How much do your licenses cost, how much for a non resident, non citizen license?
What geese do you hunt?
What are your bag limits?
Do you have to use non toxic shot? 3 shot restriction plugs in your guns?
and the last one....Do you have a good looking, blond, sister or female cousin that likes short, balding and portly Americans ? :yes:

#10 ·
Hi! It´s been said that Finland is most "american" country in Europe.
I´ll be happy to answer those questions.

I have a Ford Escape to pull boats. Most guys have a regular family cars. Car taxes are pretty insane here, a bigger motor...bigger taxes :mad:

License for whole season to Liminka bay area costs from 100-150$, You can also buy a day license which costs 30-45$.
Prices are same for foreign hunters as well.

There is 3 species of goose which we are allowed to hunt. Greylag goose, Bean goose and canada goose.
We don`t have limits :tongue:

Yes, nontoxic loads have to be used when waterfowling and there is a 3 shot restriction for semi-automatics, but no for pump-actions.
Hate to let you down on that last question, I don´t have...but blond is a dominant haircolour among the young finnish females, sooo..that should be just a question of arrangement. Local bars and discos are full of them, if you want to pursue after them instead ducks. :biggrin:

#13 ·
Hi !

Here´s most common species at Liminka bay: common teal, garganey, mallard, pintail, northern showeler, eurasian widgeon, golden-eye, tufted duck, long tailed duck, common merganser, red breasted merganser, eurasian coot, eurasian woodcock.

Here´s some pics...

Chrismas came this year little early..

Sled of ducks

:no: This isn´t The Santa

My dog and woodcock

Kaamos

#19 ·
Awesome hunt Kaamos :thumbsup: You guys have a pretty long season it seems like. What species do you end up getting for the picture of everything on the trailer? Everything looks like hens this time of the year :lol3:

Eric

#22 ·
Hi!

I will put on some new pics when migration starts ( Starts between end of september and beginning of october)!
It´s kind a slow at this moment and local birds are pretty decoy shy.
The upland season starts on friday and I´m planning to spent next weekend in our cabin, near russian border! Just me and my dog (and a few packs of beer :beer: )

-Kaamos-

#25 ·
Man Kaamos :eek: you are a lucky guy! Awesome hunt, those are birds at the top of my dream list to shoot one day. Do you also run into Hazel grouse in that area or is it more of a Russian bird?

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.