Delta's: Protestors in the blind (duck hunting in Australia)

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

Delta's: Protestors in the blind (duck hunting in Australia)

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:06 pm

If you are a current member of Delta Waterfowl and/or are lucky enough to recieve the latest delta waterfowl report, you will be treated to an interesting and quite frightning picture of what duck hunting in Australia is like.
Imagine being confronted in the blind by several anti's wearing bright green or orange safety vest, carrying a camera and flags. The flag will be used in conjunction with a whistle to scare ducks off should you get them to decoy or pass. The camera will record your actions when the anti's rile you up.
Gun permits can be easily revoked, as all it can take at times is for you to threaten ones health or thier property, and even lead them to believe you plan to do so.
Frightening. I urge you to check this article out. If you are not a member, can't afford to be a member I will gladly photcopy and mail the article to you.
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:44 pm

A very sad commentary of what some anti-hunters antics have come too in this world we all live in. :thumbsdown:

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby dukkilr6 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:34 pm

what would you guys do. Its a tough situation but I think I would have to stay as long as it took to kill a duck just to piss them off, or maybe video tape them and give it to the CO
dukkilr6
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:02 am

I wont be able to do anything as our govt may remove property rights to allow the public access to private land.

Wouldn't know what to do.
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:41 am

I wish you and your countrymen the best of luck in this battle! Hopefully your gov. will wisen up a bit.
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby solway gunner » Sun May 04, 2008 4:56 pm

we all no in our hearts what the right thing to do is,however its2008 not 1800,mores the pity.
the only bit of advice i could give is carry your mobile fone preferably one with a camera and use it if theres hassle like someone said before turn tables on them.report them to police for breach of civil liberty/harrasment etc straight away,try and shoot with a friend ,if theres 2of you it makes you a stronger hunting team .sad days.
solway gunner
hunter

Re: Delta's: Protestors in the blind (duck hunting in Australia)

Postby VaTailfeathers » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:56 am

I thank God for my State's constitution that supports hunting and fishing....and our very good hunter harassment laws. I wonder if those hunters can get their Wardens to do a sting operation and act like hunters and nail them.
VaTailfeathers
hunter

Return to International Duck Hunting