Can an American military member hunt in England?

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

Can an American military member hunt in England?

Postby lumpy2181 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:41 pm

I have the possibility of being stationed in the UK and was wondering if it is possible for me to hunt there. Do I fall under the resident laws or is it the same as someone who comes over for a guided hunt? What all is required in the stamps and permit area? What are the main laws like limits and shot size etc? Is there a website that has this information? Thanks for any help.

Will
Bgold wrote:... I don't think we're doing it right though and my butt sure hurts...

That's what she said!!!
lumpy2181
hunter

Re: Can an American military member hunt in England?

Postby Cowtown CJ » Thu May 27, 2010 6:19 am

I know the US military puts together info books on recreational activities/places on US military instillations; given the local (foreign country) they might also have one for off base activities.....

Try finding the official website that deals with hunting/fishing regulations over there. If you can't find said website, try shooting any email to the British embassy or one of the consulates; they should be willing to help/point you in the right direction.
Cowtown CJ
hunter

Postby gunhills » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:24 am

lumpy2181 wrote:I have the possibility of being stationed in the UK and was wondering if it is possible for me to hunt there. Do I fall under the resident laws or is it the same as someone who comes over for a guided hunt? What all is required in the stamps and permit area? What are the main laws like limits and shot size etc? Is there a website that has this information? Thanks for any help.

Will

:hi: Hi I live in England, yes you can buy a days shooting pheasants, ducks, geese ,no to sure if you can bring your gun into the UK? & use it or not for more info try these http://www.basc.org.uk they are the main shooting organisation in the UK ( our equilent to NRA )If you require any more info & if I can help pm me. Iv....
gunhills
hunter

Postby eurohunt » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:46 am

Please see the fco website for information on brining your fire arm to the UK.

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/f ... o/firearms

It is also to hire rifles and shot guns from the hunting estates within the UK, so you will have plenty opportunities to hunt.

All the best
eurohunt
Newb

Postby Johnnytheboy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:00 pm

http://duckandgoosehunting.yuku.com/directory

Here is a British wildfowl forum!! you need to get access from the board admin!
Johnnytheboy
hunter

Return to International Duck Hunting