limits in new zealand

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

limits in new zealand

Postby sc_countryboy26 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:20 pm

What is the limit in new zealand because I seen a video by the duck commander and they killed 112 ducks and the guide said that they were still 80 from the limit with 4 guns.
sc_countryboy26
hunter

Postby lars » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:03 pm

i have that video, and its awesome

yeah, the limit is like 100 a person or something. :eek:
went puddler hunting this year as usual.... shot more divers than puddle ducks. typical
lars
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:35 pm

http://www.fishandgame.org.nz/

Click on a region on the left of the page. Then click on hunting then regulations. Our mallard limit in Hawkes Bay is 10 but I think some regions can have a mallard limit up to 50. 10s enough for me!!!

:thumbsup:
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby Lurcher » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:43 pm

Limits vary in different regions of the country, most of the duckhunting scenes in the middle earth video were filmed in the lower South Island. In the central South Island (North Otago-Mid Canterbury) the limit is 50 birds per day. In the next region further south, Otago the limit is 25 birds and in the Southern-most region (Southland) the limit is 15 birds. All the filming took place in the first week of the Duck season, after which the hunting gets a little tougher.

I'm the guy in the video who gets a hard time for winning the calling contest and refuses to take his mask off :thumbsup:
Lurcher
hunter

Postby SouthernDuckhunter88 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:04 pm

when they talk about grey ducks in New Zeland are they talking about Gadwall?
Huntin the Bean Fields of Louisiana
SouthernDuckhunter88
Newb

Postby The Waterfowler » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:42 pm

SouthernDuckhunter88 wrote:when they talk about grey ducks in New Zeland are they talking about Gadwall?

No, they are talking about the New Zealand Black Duck, a subspecies of the Pacific Black ( Gray) Duck. They are in peril from the cross-breeding with the introduced Mallard and the gene is being hybridized greatly.

Helping waterfowl make bad decisions since 1961.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Return to International Duck Hunting