New Zealand/Australia trip HELP

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

New Zealand/Australia trip HELP

Postby FlyFishingFreak » Tue May 24, 2011 10:58 am

My lady friend and I are planning a trip to the Down-under we are from Las Vegas, Nevada. I would like to do some fly fishing while I'm there, I understand there will be no hunting as we are going in December/January. But any way, I was hoping we could get any advise on How to travel around (between islands), Where to travel, Where to stay, Where to eat ( I love to try local cuisine), and any other advise we can get.
Thank you for any help,
FlyFishingFreak
hunter

Re: New Zealand/Australia trip HELP

Postby sloe » Sun May 29, 2011 3:19 am

Sorry mate can't help with N.Z.but if you are coming to oz can help with some advise.The Kiwis arn"t a bad mob you will find them pretty helpfull.If you want to go guided I can recomend a decent place on the South Island but would not be all that cheap.Did a duck hunt with this fellow a couple of years ago,new his stuff.
Good luck Sloe
sloe
hunter

Postby glass eye » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:47 pm

As of june 9th the canada goose was classified as a pest in NZ, meaning no closed season and no limit. Also, I believe that there's a 2nd season on paradise shelducks about that time dec/jan
glass eye
hunter

Postby Hardtop_110 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:03 am

Also Magpie Geese in the Northern Territory Australia until the end of December.
Hardtop_110
hunter

Postby NZ waterfowler » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 am

Gidday from NZ ,call Zane Mirfin in Nelson which is in the top of the south island. You can look him up on the web Strike Adventure. :smile:
Canada geese really are models for men .Zack Taylor
NZ waterfowler
hunter

Return to International Duck Hunting