Argentina 2011

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

Argentina 2011

Postby The Waterfowler » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 am

Lower water conditions in some areas concentrated duck heavily at some of our destinations which was quite welcome. Doves, Pigeons and Perdiz were as plentiful as always. But, the duck shooting was solid and consistant with fast and furious morning shoots followed by lunch and nap then back out for more ducks or following great Pointers for delicious and challenging Perdiz. All and all an exciting two weeks of hunting in two diverse areas. There are two breeds of wingshooters, those that go to Argentina and those that wish they had!

Great collector hunt also.

Some fine dog work was a pleasure to see.

Helping waterfowl make bad decisions since 1961.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Re: Argentina 2011

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:44 am

Is it just me or is there someting wierd about that wigeon, it looks... different.
ScaupHunter wrote:Oompa Loompa Loofah de do. Who wants to share a Loofa with you?
ducks~n~bucks
McLovin

Postby The Waterfowler » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:47 am

Chiloe Wigeon are one of the three species of Wigeon found in the world. The Chiloe is sometimes called the Southern Wigeon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:07 pm

:clapping: Great looking birds.
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Postby NoFlyZoneNC » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Very nice, one day ill make it out there...
Balls to the Wall...
NoFlyZoneNC
hunter

Postby Lake O Hunter » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:13 am

looks like an awesome trip.
Lake O Hunter
hunter

Postby ducks-n-bucks » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:52 am

One of these days..... Gotta start saving my pennies! :wink:
ducks-n-bucks
hunter

Postby don novicki » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:06 am

Not Argentina but I would like to try Uruguay at some point in the near future before I get too old. One thing that worries me is the fact that after I have a stellar time down there, I will have to come back to the reality of hunting here in N.W. Pa, which generally sucks..Awesome looking hunts down there, must be like the "old days" here in N.A. beofre there were rules and regulations............ :bow:
don novicki
hunter

Postby The Waterfowler » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 am

I hunt 3 places in Uruguay and they have some top-notch decoying Pigeons and some great dove shooting with birds not flying near as high as in Cordoba. Ducks and Perdiz can be quite good also. I love following a good dog for Perdiz and some of the northern South American species of waterfowl are prevalent that you might not shoot in Argentina. Great combo hunts like the La Paz region of Entre Rios in Argentina.

The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby kdanford » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Pat,

Which specific species of South American ducks are you talking about in Urugay ?
kdanford
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 pm

Pat,

Pardon my ignorance, but do the ducks down there migrate like the ducks do stateside? Where are wintering and nesting grounds? Are they flying from way down south up to the middle lattitudes just like our ducks fly south to middle lattitides? I guess thats something I just never really thought about :huh:
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby The Waterfowler » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:27 am

Most ducks that do migrate, migrate from south to north as it is milder in the north. However, most populations remain in or near their nesting grounds and shift depending on the weather and water availability as water is the prime factor for them there. The neo-tropical birds have such a vast biosphere to live in they don't need to go anywhere to feed or even relocate as the marshes are rife with vegetation. The Geese congreate at lower altitudes in the winter when not nesting and agricultural areas is where they are but they don't go that far north from the Patagonia regions around and south of Bihia Blanca from what I have seen. Most pampas area are one giant duck factory during wet years and ducks can stay where they are with no need to go anywhere. As in Canada and the Prairie water availability dictate concentrations.

The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby Centralflyway » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:21 pm

I thought you can no longer bring birds out of Argentina back into the US. Is that correct and is this a US regulation or Argentina?
Centralflyway
hunter

Postby The Waterfowler » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:27 am

No, that is not necessarily correct. I have birds brought in each year through the proper channels. Mostly depends on which airline you fly as the bird flu scared alot of them, or was used as and excuse, and it hasn't even been identified in Argentina, Chile or Uruguay. American Airlines was the first to restrict them I believe, and a lot of it has to do with the outfitters you use down there.

The Waterfowler
hunter

Return to International Duck Hunting