Ireland

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

Ireland

Postby beretta24 » Sun May 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Hey guys,

Anyone have a good contact for a hunt in Ireland. I will going out from time to time for business and would like to work in little fun. I'd rather get some first hand knowledge as apposed to really on the internet. I might also entertain a fishing trip, but would prefer an upland or waterfowl hunt. Thanks!

Brian
beretta24
State Moderator

Re: Ireland

Postby HonkQuackBang » Mon May 14, 2012 9:45 am

What part of Ireland you in?

Im in Fermanagh,If you are looking for a place to shoot duck we got Lough Erne cant get much better than that!
HonkQuackBang
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:58 am

Hey Honk,

I will be working in Clonmel, but have the option of flying into Cork, Shannon or Dublin. For this trip I would likely fly into Dublin so I wouldn't mind having to drive north vs south. I'm thinking of staying an extra week during a trip (likely in December) for a vacation so it's not a major concern if I need to do a little driving.

Any pointers you have would be greatly appreciate. I'll take any pub recommndations as well!

Cheers,
Brian
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby HonkQuackBang » Mon May 14, 2012 11:18 am

If you got in touch with Damien O keefe he would surly take you in he owns cottages on the shore of lough erne. A must for fishermen and Waterfowlers alike! I live in the local town about 2-3 miles away from the cottages. Im not sure about prices and that you will have to find that out yourself. Have you got your Firearms and all with you?

http://www.littlecromcottages.com/

If you were shooting on land you would have to aquire permission on different farmers and they may not let you on their land if they dont know you. But Lough Erne is a hotspot for ducks!
HonkQuackBang
hunter

Return to International Duck Hunting