Argentina duck hunt

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Argentina duck hunt

Postby Okeechobee Dan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:11 am

I posted in the puddle duck forum earlier and didnt get much feedback. I am wanting to go to south america duck hunting in the next year or so. Mexico is also an option. I have herd amazing things about both but i would like to hear some feed back from people who have been before. I am not that concerned with the facilities or the other activities, i just want a good hunt. I would like to go to the place with the best outfitter and the best chance at some good hunting. Any input would be welcome from someone who has been on one of these hunts and would like to share. Thanks
Okeechobee Dan
hunter

Re: Argentina duck hunt

Postby The Waterfowler » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:57 am

I go to Argentina, Mexico and Uruguay every year. Lots of outfitters down there for a variety of opportunities. Like anywhere else that far from home you get what you pay for, but never equate dollars to ducks as there is a lot more to it than that. Once you are down there you are at their mercy and not all outfitters produce like the say they will. Check our website at www.getducks.com. We are sponsors here. You can p.m. me your phone number and I will be happy to call you and answer any questions. Whether you book with us or not I will give you a straight up and honest answer and try and help in anyway I can. I started hunting south of the border in the 70's and never want someone to have a bad experience like some of the earlier ones I have had.

Helping waterfowl make bad decisions since 1961.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby Kawasakizx6r » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:40 pm

Hey guys I was looking to head to Argentina in April to do some duck hunting was wondering if there was any public land down there to hunt would rather kill birds on my own rather than with an outfitter not sure how easy it was to bring guns etc I'm pretty sure it's easier if your with an outfitter but just wanted some feedback
Kawasakizx6r
Newb

Postby don novicki » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:07 pm

DIY in any foreign country sounds dam tough to do. Seems like there would be a million little things you would need to make sure of not the least of which would be the language barrier. If you go that rout post up after you have done it. I would be very interested in hearing the results. Other than that I think I would let Ramsey handle all the fine details and let me concentrate on the ducks...
don novicki
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Pretty sure that freelancing in South America won't be happening. You can check the Argentinian Consulate in your area but I am pretty sure it is prohibited.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Kawasakizx6r » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:30 am

Yea man thought I was going to be able to get more time off work but not going to have enough time even if it was possible to freelance.maybe in a future visit.any ideas on good outfitters locations etc, I've heard mar del plata is good and northeast of buenos Aires really would like to kill some birds while I'm down there
Kawasakizx6r
Newb

Postby LAT88 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:17 am

I'm planning on going to Argentina when I get back to the states. How hard is it to bring birds back for taxidermy? I'v read a few other posts and such but it all went over my head. Is bringing one or two back pretty easy or is it a pita?
LAT88
hunter

Return to International Duck Hunting