NZ 2013

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

NZ 2013

Postby marsh-mello » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Just got back from NZ..nothing but good cheers! About the finest hunting and folks you'd ever want to visit. I thought you folks might enjoy a few pics.

Charter member of the "I only shoot bar belly geese club". I'm a Bar belly goose purist!
marsh-mello
hunter

Re: NZ 2013

Postby pbd » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:49 pm

That looks outstanding.

How many days did you hunt?
pbd
hunter

Postby marsh-mello » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:51 pm

I was in country for around three weeks...that allowed me to travel around and see quite a bit and have quite a diversity of hunting experiences. By far the South Island had more opportunity and was less traveled.
Charter member of the "I only shoot bar belly geese club". I'm a Bar belly goose purist!
marsh-mello
hunter

Postby duckstopper333 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:23 pm

Neat hunting territory. Thanks for posting.
duckstopper333
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:54 pm

pleased to see you had a good time "down under"
those wallabies sure are a hoot to hunt, not bad eating either ,most guys leave them where they fall.
some of those photos are in familiar looking country but that last picture sure looks a honey of a spot for ducks.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby marsh-mello » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:53 pm

Elvis Kiwi wrote:pleased to see you had a good time "down under"
those wallabies sure are a hoot to hunt, not bad eating either ,most guys leave them where they fall.
some of those photos are in familiar looking country but that last picture sure looks a honey of a spot for ducks.

I am sure a lot of those places would look familiar...pretty small country actually. I was out at Molesworth when the guy fell off the cable. I am sure you heard about it, unbelievable!

The last picture is on the wet and wild west coast...had some particularly good luck with the weather while there. Only hunted the evening at that spot saw more birds than I shot flying around and scaring them up on the way in with the boat. I would have liked to have put in a morning there! Had a run in with some EELs Dang bloody BIG bastages stole one of my ducks before I could get my hands on it. Weird wild things down that way I say!

Got a few grays as well...perhaps when I retire I will make it back again?

Hope you didn't get shook up too bad by the latest shaker in Wellington?
marsh-mello
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:37 am

all good with the quake,pleased you enjoyed your stay over here.
yip eels can be fun but I will take them over crocks, alligators and snakes any day.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Return to International Duck Hunting