Ireland, UK or northern Europe

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

Ireland, UK or northern Europe

Postby beretta24 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:58 am

Hey all,

I travel to Ireland a lot for work and would like to get some bird hunting in, either ducks or upland would be preferred. Any outfitter recommendations? I would travel beyond the isle if needed as I stay over the weekend from time to time.

Any info would be appreciated.
beretta24
State Moderator

Re: Ireland, UK or northern Europe

Postby AAR » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Now that I got all the trip setup, figured should mention some of the awesome birds you'll be going after. European green wing, european wigeon, wood pigeon, red legged patridge, pink footed goose, greylag goose, and of course the much sought after tufted duck, european pochard, european scaup, and european goldeneye. If their still around, some euro woodcock as well. Can't wait to see those diver pics, when I went it was too early so while I was fortunate to get everything else, missed out on those sweet divers!

Eric
It's not just a bird mount, it's a Schmitty Bird Mount
AAR
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:08 am

If I came away with a widgeon, teal and tufted everything else would be a bonus
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Irishwhistler » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:23 am

beretta24 wrote:If I came away with a widgeon, teal and tufted everything else would be a bonus

Beretta24,
Ye are totally missing the boat Lad. Ye need to see if ye can get in some gunning for curlew and plover. Ye have not been able to do so legally in Americay since the very early 1900's. Ye could likely still gun for curlew in Ireland, for the Golden Plover ye may have to gun in Scotland. Either way ye would be gunning for birds that Lads in the U.S. have been prohibited from gunning for a wee bit more than a century. Very much worth inquiring about.

Whilst at it, take in some Irish Traditional Music when in Eireann. Ye will hear some of the finest musicians in the world, not to mention some grand playing of the Irish whistle. Top that all with a few pints o' the dark, and it just don't get much more grand than that me Lad.

Enjoy and safe travels to ye. Photo's requested upon return. :thumbsup:

Slainte, :beer:
Irishwhistler
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
Irishwhistler
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:32 am

Irishwhistler wrote:
beretta24 wrote:If I came away with a widgeon, teal and tufted everything else would be a bonus

Beretta24,
Ye are totally missing the boat Lad. Ye need to see if ye can get in some gunning for curlew and plover. Ye have not been able to do so legally in Americay since the very early 1900's. Ye could likely still gun for curlew in Ireland, for the Golden Plover ye may have to gun in Scotland. Either way ye would be gunning for birds that Lads in the U.S. have been prohibited from gunning for a wee bit more than a century. Very much worth inquiring about.

Whilst at it, take in some Irish Traditional Music when in Eireann. Ye will hear some of the finest musicians in the world, not to mention some grand playing of the Irish whistle. Top that all with a few pints o' the dark, and it just don't get much more grand than that me Lad.

Enjoy and safe travels to ye. Photo's requested upon return. :thumbsup:

Slainte, :beer:
Irishwhistler

No worries on the pints. I've enjoyed many with the lads I work with in County Tipperary. I will have to look into the music. Thanks!

Now curlew and plover...pm sent.
beretta24
State Moderator

Return to International Duck Hunting