germany

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

germany

Postby karl » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:22 pm

is there duckhnting in the father land
karl
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:33 pm

Yes Karl but its very expensive,A license will set you back around 5k euro and you gotta take a few courses,They do mostly deer hunting and upland game.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby Deadduck101 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:25 am

I would say yes, my wife is from germany and when we were over there last some one was duck hunting. Its real big on Boar hunting too. They have some cool ducks ive never seen over here also a lot of the same.
08/09 Season
3 Woodies
2 Mallard
I have not been out that much this year!!!! Love my kids and they come first.
Deadduck101
hunter

Re: germany

Postby VaTailfeathers » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:49 am

Ahhhh Germany, MY people. They invented hunting! :smile: My Boss used to return to the Fatherland every 2 years to hunt, and I doubt the cheapskate paid that kind of money. Maybe it was less expensive years ago, or knowing him, he "accompanied" and old friend hunting and in the shadows of the trees, pulled the trigger. He was a old grey fox after all,ha. The Germans have a very strict process to obtaining a license. According to him you have to be a member of a reputable club, pass very intense tests concerning firearms, woodsmanship, ethics, etc. But, once you pass, you are accepted into an incredible sport. I once saw a video where a German hunter out in the rural areas, shot a Boar and drove it in the back of his truck to the local country pub, dragged it in the door and everyone had rounds of beer over the beast, celebrating the hunt ! Again, MY people,hehe! :thumbsup: Could you imagine the fun in a town like that? Heck, just to go and hang out with that crowd, drinking pints of that German beer in a place like that would be great.
VaTailfeathers
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:11 am

Last time I was their thats what my cousin had told me,5k euro for a lifetime pass.I think 2005,Maybe visitors get some sort of pass.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby pintails82 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:54 pm

I'll ask my new daughter-in-law. She was a German citizen up till Nov, 22, of this year. I'll let you know. :thumbsup:
pintails82
hunter

Postby reptofan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:37 am

Hey there,
I am German and I live in Germany and most of all you think about the hunting here is true. My wife started to get a hunting license in October last year and she will be ready, when she has got all the tests and most important firearm-handling, in September this year. The costs will belong then to around 3000 $. Then she has the right to get a license for 1 or three years from the government for about 120$ a year to hunt, where she is allowed to hunt. You have also to get an insurance for hunting every year again, otherwise you wont get your permit from the government. If you did anything wrong, like drink and drive or do anything against law, you loose your license, weapons for a minimum of 5 years. The government will check every year before they give you the new license if anything has happened the year before. Yes, it seems to be very problematic, but it is not. If you are free of crime, you do your license once in a lifetime, pay your amount every year or three and go hunting in your own area or pay for the shooting you like to do.
Now, I will tell you, how it is for foreign people. If I know, that you will come and visit me for hunting, I am able to get a guest-license for one or more days and it is not so expensive it as about 20$ per day, the biggest problem is if you would like to bring your own shotgun, that is a lot of paperwork and much more money than the license.
It is also correct, that we have a lot of duck-species here, that are very nice, but we are not allowed to hunt all of them. In Germany, it belongs to the part where you like to go for hunting, we are only allowed to shoot mallard, green-winged teal, tufted duck, common pochard, european wigeon, pintail, black and velvet scoter all other ducks are protected.
so, now I hope I could give you some more information about hunting in Germany, Rainer.
reptofan
hunter

Return to International Duck Hunting