Duck Hunting Forum banner

A few pictures from the uk

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Fsbirdhouse 
#1 ·
Thought I would share a few pictures of what I get up to here in the uk.
I am fairly new to wildfowling but am really enjoying it , my first love is and always will be pigeon shooting though , they are such a great bird and offer you every shot in the book .

Out on the foreshore, hoping for some duck.

I got some , three widgeon and a teal

A bag of widgeon and teal I shared with a friend inland.

My first evet shoveler.

A big Canada , my first.

A great Morning on the shore , five pinkfeet.

My Lab Milo , out for a pinfoot.

Another retrieve for the dog.

Another brace of pinks.

Early season mallard.

A good days pigeon shooting.

More pigeon.

My Cocker Flynn (RIP) with a few pigeon.

A Fox .

And finally a few more pigeon , hope you enjoyed.

See less See more
#8 ·
Do you get a lot of guff from your fellow Brits about hunting?
Are there many hunters in England?

I posted a thread on a Misc thread in an English forum about folks favorite seasons, mine being Autumn.
I posted a picture of a Trout I'd caught, and two limits of ducks partner and I bagged last Fall, and out of 145 views only had one answer when I additionally pondered why no one would even post their own favorite seasons.
Said it was because of the disgusting, depressing photos I'd posted of fish and ducks. The game wasn't mangled, so I presume it was simply because the birds were taken on a hunt?

Is the general populace put off by hunting and hunters in general?

#11 ·
Fsbirdhouse said:
Do you get a lot of guff from your fellow Brits about hunting?
Are there many hunters in England?

I posted a thread on a Misc thread in an English forum about folks favorite seasons, mine being Autumn.
I posted a picture of a Trout I'd caught, and two limits of ducks partner and I bagged last Fall, and out of 145 views only had one answer when I additionally pondered why no one would even post their own favorite seasons.
Said it was because of the disgusting, depressing photos I'd posted of fish and ducks. The game wasn't mangled, so I presume it was simply because the birds were taken on a hunt?

Is the general populace put off by hunting and hunters in general?
Hi
No doubt the thoughts on hunting here are much the same as you face , there are plenty that would like to see it banned , mainly city folk who have no real understanding on the ways of the country .
What English forum did you post on ? without seeing the pics I cannot know why some over here would find it offensive .

Autumn is pretty much my favourite time of year too , our wildfowl season starts September 1st and the geese start arriving in numbers Oct / November , the pigeon shooting can also be very good at that time of year.

#13 ·
Fsbirdhouse said:
Pinkfoot16,
I see the waterfowl you have bagged, but I see no decoys in the water you hunt over. Do you not use decoys?
Yes I shoot over decoys for the duck on occasions but most of our foreshore shooting is what you guys call pass shooting ( we call it flighting ) much of the foreshore shooting involves a long walk of anything up to three miles so it would be difficult to use large numbers of decoys.
With the wood pigeons they are mostly shot over a decoy pattern .

#14 ·
Tho it is a long tradition of the common fellow here to have guns, and hunting in all it's forms as well, there is a growing attitude by the progressive left to rewrite our Constitution to suit their ideas of what rights folks still ought to enjoy.

Please continue to post your successes in the field. Enjoy seeing fellow hunters bag species we are not accustomed to on our hunts here, how it's done there, and different terminology you use to describe how those things are done.

Listening to geese passing over the house just now. Come on October!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.