Greenland?

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

Greenland?

Postby g_maxson » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:25 am

Anyone have any info on duck hunting in Greenland?

I've done a bunch of searching and can't seem to find anything on it other than a list of species.

Looking to make it my next out of country trip, even if it means doing a little pioneering.

Edit: I did just stumble upon the regs for 2002: 30 King Eider per day :)
g_maxson
hunter

Re: Greenland?

Postby AAR » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:05 pm

g_maxson wrote:Anyone have any info on duck hunting in Greenland?

I've done a bunch of searching and can't seem to find anything on it other than a list of species.

Looking to make it my next out of country trip, even if it means doing a little pioneering.

Edit: I did just stumble upon the regs for 2002: 30 King Eider per day :)

That would be an awesome hunt :thumbsup: 30 Kings a day, I think it'd be cool just to see 30 kings in a day!

Eric

http://www.AliveAgainRecreations.com
--Specializing in Waterfowl & Upland Bird Taxidermy--
-----World/International/National/State Awards--------
AAR
Forum Moderator

Postby g_maxson » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:24 am

Aparently there is duck hunting in Iceland with no limit. Only catch is there are only a few species that are legal to hunt :( and the outfitter I've found states this is a "collection" hunt so they only allow you to kill a few birds :( I can collect greenwings, scaup and mallards here! The only birds left in Iceland that are legal that I would want are the Tufted duck and it also looks like their Long Tail is a different duck than our Old Squaw.

Still doing research into Greenland. May just have to find a commercial duck hunter to pay.

The one thing I found disturbing about Greenland is that the season goes until I think the end of March and commercial hunters are allowed to shoot birds on their nest :mad:
g_maxson
hunter

Postby AAR » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:23 pm

I would think though that you would have to hunt the Kings in the spring when their coming back. I also wonder of the status of that bird and how many actually inhabit that area given the low eastern population?

Eric

http://www.AliveAgainRecreations.com
--Specializing in Waterfowl & Upland Bird Taxidermy--
-----World/International/National/State Awards--------
AAR
Forum Moderator

Return to International Duck Hunting