mexico vs. argentina

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

mexico vs. argentina

Postby SPOONTANG » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:37 pm

I have been looking into some dove/duck hunting combos and am stuck between the two, what country is better for ducks, and what country is better for doves? any input would be greatly appreciated
SPOONTANG
hunter

Mexico vs. Argentina

Postby kdanford » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:44 am

The advice I would give you really depends on your goals for the hunt. I have hunted numerous times in Mexico, specifically Mazatlan, Mexico and can tell you the duck hunting is outstanding. I have shot numerous species of ducks and have brought back many for mounting. The dove hunting is fair at best. I have been thinking about going to Argentina myself but have been hesitant because at this time they are not allowing ducks to be taken out of the country, and one of my goals on international trips is to bring back birds for my collection that I would otherwise never have. Everyone knows the dove hunting is superb in Argentina, so you need to ask yourself, is it important to have the opportunity to bring back birds or not. Hope this helps....
kdanford
hunter

Postby SPOONTANG » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:28 pm

thanks, I think we would go mainly for ducks
SPOONTANG
hunter

Re: mexico vs. argentina

Postby CaliDukks » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:43 am

SPOONTANG wrote:I have been looking into some dove/duck hunting combos and am stuck between the two, what country is better for ducks, and what country is better for doves? any input would be greatly appreciated

last year A buddy of mine went with his dad and brother to Argentina on a dove/duck trip and they shot hundreds of ducks. Looked like phenomenal hunting. and the dove part was the icing on the cake. they ran through many cases of shells and in the ned i think killed close to 500 dove. I don't know the specifics but, his pictures are still up on the sportsman's warehouse braggin boards. Haven't heard much about Mexico i do believe Argentina has the leg up though.
"Love God, and hunt ducks. And let the chips fall where they may."---Phil Robertson

Proud Contributor to the Sportsmens Legacy Foundation
CaliDukks
hunter

Return to International Duck Hunting