Duck Hunting Forum banner

huntign around mexico city?

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  pgv98 
#1 ·
Any hunting opportunities around Mexico city, may be relocating.

#4 ·
wood quail are birds you never hear about anyone guiding hunts for. Know a guy that guides hunts for barred quail and a subspecies of bobwhite that is red like a masked bobwhite on the body with a regular bobwhite head. Hard to justify risking a beheading for cool quail though :hammer:

Real nice guy, probably wouldn't be a bad quick Mexico trip maybe if things calm down.

http://www.huntquails.com/

Eric

#6 ·
AAR said:
Are you still going down there or are there? I know a guy that lives and hunts there that would be able to help you out.

Eric
yes august

Is everything "guided" From the prices I have seen I wont be able to afford to hunt much...

#7 ·
NOVAggie said:
AAR said:
Are you still going down there or are there? I know a guy that lives and hunts there that would be able to help you out.

Eric
yes august

Is everything "guided" From the prices I have seen I wont be able to afford to hunt much...
All foreigners must hire a registered outfitter to hunt in Mexico.
You will find plenty of Mexicans that are not outfitters that will take you out and say that it's ok, no problem. But Mexicans play it real loose and it's not worth going to jail. Even outfitters play it real loose and you got to be careful.

#8 ·
Eric[/quote]

yes august

Is everything "guided" From the prices I have seen I wont be able to afford to hunt much...[/quote]
All foreigners must hire a registered outfitter to hunt in Mexico.
You will find plenty of Mexicans that are not outfitters that will take you out and say that it's ok, no problem. But Mexicans play it real loose and it's not worth going to jail. Even outfitters play it real loose and you got to be careful.[/quote]

That is 100% true.

Check a magazine called Caza y Pesca with Mike "the Griz", not sure if it is still around but when I lived in Mexico I use to get it all the time and they had some good outfitters advertised. There is some duck hunting about a 2 hour drive from Mexico City.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.