cuba

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

cuba

Postby fido » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Anyone know if you can do a duck/goose hunt in cuba?
HOOKED ON QUACK
fido
hunter

Re: cuba

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Not if your American! Unless you are at Guantanamo. I have never heard of any one going there for a hunt but I guess you could get a hold of their embassy and ask for information.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby floating redneck » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:15 pm

i dont think an american can go to cuba unless their a journalist with special permision might be wrong though if thats the case tell them your writing a story on duck hunting :thumbsup:
"remember im pulling for you, we're all in this together" Red Green
floating redneck
hunter

Postby fido » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Not American, Canadian, so I can go. Just not sure if I can transport guns out there.
HOOKED ON QUACK
fido
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:53 am

Fido,
I looked into cuba last year was disappointed to see that it was as pricey as mexico (almost). they also don't really do straight duck hunts, and suppliment with dove hunts. it's mandated by the government to prevent over hunting. think I was quoted a 5 outing hunt trip, and 3 of them were for dove! i don't mind dove hunting but not paying 3 G's to do it! pretty sure you can bring your gun, but there cheap to get loaners. Everything is still lead there, and Im told the spanish shells, they use there, arn't bad.
''Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.''
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby AAR » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:52 am

Its amazing that we couldn't even bring back a cigar from Cuba so would imagine bringing back ducks is a long drawn out deal :hammer: Cool birds down there though...

Eric
It's not just a bird mount, it's a Schmitty Bird Mount
AAR
Forum Moderator

Postby AAR » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Contacted a guide down there to ask a few questions today. Never did get a price or exact species, said to refer to the webpage but then the webpage says to contact about pricing. Either way doesn't matter for now, Americans aren't allowed to go to Cuba so thanks Fidel :hammer:

Eric
It's not just a bird mount, it's a Schmitty Bird Mount
AAR
Forum Moderator

Postby The Waterfowler » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:14 pm

Mostly Blue-wings from what people that have been tell me.
Helping waterfowl make bad decisions since 1961.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby VaTailfeathers » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:27 am

AAR wrote:Contacted a guide down there to ask a few questions today. Never did get a price or exact species, said to refer to the webpage but then the webpage says to contact about pricing. Either way doesn't matter for now, Americans aren't allowed to go to Cuba so thanks Fidel :hammer:

Eric

Oh yeah, thats a good sign! :biggrin: They give you the rates once you get down there, thats the Castro doctrine,hehe.
VaTailfeathers
hunter

Return to International Duck Hunting