Arkansas vs. Georgia

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Arkansas vs. Georgia

Postby hogfan88 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:43 pm

What are ya'lls thoughts on the game. I personally thing arkansas will win. If garcia was a better quarterback south carolina would have won. Georgia's defense really isnt that impressive. The only thing i am worried about is AJ green. He is a beast. But ryan mallet last week was 17 for 22 for 305 yards and our backup was 7 for 11 for 117 yards so i think it will be an interesting game but ARKANSAS will win. GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hogfan88
hunter

Re: Arkansas vs. Georgia

Postby bayouboy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:52 am

have not watched a lot of ga and none of arkansas; i think the bull dogs will win it; if not, they're in trouble cause their schedule doesn't get easier.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:19 pm

I'm pullin' for Arkansas. I think our offense will do ok, it's the defense that worries me. We've had a week off and it's a night game at home...Petrino should deliver.
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:48 am

I saw great promise for the Hogs even in the loss. Mallett and the offense looked great for three quarters. The offensive line was very impressive and the defense has improved some. Georgia was supposed to be the better team and they were.

The Hogs may have a bit of a problem with their conditioning, as they seemed to have run out of gas in the 4th quarter. I'm sure Petrino will fix that. It's going to be an exciting season and I can see 'em finishing 7-5 and going to a bowl.
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Arkansas maybe in trouble this year:bama, texas am, auburn, florida, ole miss, lsu remaining on their schedule; i'm an lsu fan and we also maybe in for it w/ our schedule and unproven young qb
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:58 pm

That's what's so great about college football though, bayouboy. On any given Saturday an unranked Washington can beat a #3 USC. Arkansas and LSU have a habit of knocking each other off when one o them is ranked in the top 10. Aint college football a blast?
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:54 am

it is the best; tennessee and florida was a good game; it's a long season.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

bayouboy
hunter

Postby hogfan88 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:54 am

Arkansas really impressed me this week. I think with learning from the mistakes we will only have two more losses this year and those losses will be from Florida, Alabama, or ole miss. LSU is weak this year, and so is texas a&M. After seeing the way florida played against tenessee its game on. tenessee is not that good.
hogfan88
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:03 pm

I love your optimism, hogfan88, but a weary, mediocre offense just hung a half a hundred on us. Our defense is weak. Our offense looked much improved and I think we can outscore some teams, I just don't think we can stop the really good teams in the SEC.

However, everyone has a bad day and we'll catch someone nappin'. I think we stand a good chance of going 7-5, but I'd settle for 6-6. Next year will be a whole different story.
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:20 pm

What do ya think about our chances against the Tide tomorrow, hogfan? The last I saw, the spread was 17 1/2 points. Do you think 'bama can cover it?
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby hogfan88 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:25 pm

I dunno. Personally i think all the coaches realize how horrible our defense really is.With that being said you know that was the focus all week in practice. Ryan mallet and our offense need to excecute everytime on the field. Alabama is going to throw everything at him. Nick saban is a Blitz, Blitz Blitz. if mallet has anytime in the pocket we will excecute. Honestly i think it will be closer than people think. Alabama has not faced any kind of offense like ours, or an SEC team all year. There past two games were garbage. If we jump out in the first half and put it on em were done. Alabama is a proven 2nd half team if its close going into the half. Last week they scored 6 td's in 20 minutes right after a pick six. Honestly i cant tell you. I wanna say its gonna be a close game but with it being alabama SEC opener at tuscalooser its gonna be one of the toughest games all year. The only think the hogs have going for them is THANK God its an afternoon game!!!!!!!!!!!!
hogfan88
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:08 am

I agree. I think it'll be a great game if we can avoid self-destructing like we did in the fourth quarter last week. Petrino has to find a way to stop the big play...
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:28 am

Well...our defense's inability to stop the big play leads to yet another abysmal performance. Mallett looked more than a little frustrated against a good defense with a lackluster 12 of 35 for 160 yds with 1 TD and 1 pick performance. We managed 63 yards rushing. Once again we showed our lack of discipline with 11 penalties for 98 yards. Petrino has to fix that.

We shouldn't be hoping Mallett throws for 500 yards in a loss...he'll be headed for the NFL soon enough. Let's hope he doesn't do so well in the losses and maybe we can keep him for another season.

We can be thankful there aren't many more Alabamas on our schedule, but rest assured that our defense will make a few more ho-hum quarterbacks look like Heisman Trophy candidates.

We'll still surprise somebody and wind up 6-6 or maybe even 7-5...
quackerattacker
hunter

Return to Sports