Nobody has, so I will

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Nobody has, so I will

Postby steelslinger » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:22 am

Alabama played a solid game yesterday and just outperformed Florida. Tebow has my props just for what he said during his after game interview. He know his team was out played and definitely gave the Tide their props, one classy guy.
It looks like Texas pulled it off in the last seconds of the game against a team that had them beat the whole game. Don't know what happened with McCoy and his group but they sure didn't play like a National Championship team.

Now the reason for this post:

My wife is from Alabama and I am from Texas, I would love to see Texas beat them for the National Championship but I will say this. If Alabama plays Texas like they played Florida and if Texas plays Alabama like they played Nebraska, then I know that the Tide is going to hand them a royal ass whooping. What does Texas have to do to play a solid game and win against Alabama, and what does Alabama have to do (if anything) to ensure the Championship.

Alabama fans, don't be afraid to put your .02 cents in here as far as what you believe Alabama will do to continue to play as they have but let's all look at it on both sides of the football.

Let's make this a intellectual but clean debate, give me your thoughts but keep them in a text that will keep this post open until at least until the game.
If you hunt WITH your children today, you won't hunt FOR them tomorrow
Put "em in the woods and keep 'em off the streets
gangrig25 wrote:SO YOU WANT A PAT ON THE BACK OR WHAT :huh:
steelslinger
Capt. Obvious

Re: Nobody has, so I will

Postby quackerattacker » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:12 pm

It's just a toss up. Every old dawg has his day, it just depends on whose day it is. They're pretty evenly matched.

If Texas plays like they played against A&M, they're in trouble...

...unless Alabama plays like they played against Auburn, in which case they're in trouble. Both teams have had more than one lackluster game.

Since neither team is a powerhouse, I'll go with the better QB. I don't think he'll blow his last game. I say Texas in a close one.
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby David » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:32 pm

Fourth generation UA grad here. Texas will have to tighten up a bunch in order to pull it out. I disagree about how Bama played Auburn. They played a good game and Auburn played their best game of the season. That is a huge rivalry game and the rest of the season means nothing when it comes to the Iron Bowl. Bama's worst game this season was against Tennessee. Although that was probably Mt. Cody's best game. Two blocked FG's in a game is pretty impressive.

I believe the only chance Texas has is if the Tide goes into the game overconfident that they'll beat them like they did with Utah last year.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby quackerattacker » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:37 pm

I remember a Mack Brown team that beat what most thought was an unbeatable USC team a few years back in the Rose Bowl. His Longhorns are 8-3 in bowl games and he knows how to get 'em ready for the game. Saban's bowl teams haven't fared so well at 4-6, but, just like that mighty USC squad...they should win. :biggrin:
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:48 pm

I don't think Texas is as great as everyone makes them out to be. A&M, who has no defense, played them close. Nebraska, who has no offense, played them close. Their offense also struggled against Oklahoma, who is another great defensive team. I just don't think their offense is as great as everyone makes it out to be. Its too dependent on McCoy and they need a running game.

'bama played lights out against Florida. If they play like that in a month, then they'll be unbeatable. Both coaches have coached a nat'l championship team, but my leg up is to 'bama. Offense wins games, defense wins championships. I think 'bama's defense is better than Texas's offense. But again, this isn't going down for another month, so God knows what will happen. Fortunately both coaches have been there and done that, but they might as well be playing the first game of the season.

That being said, I'm hoping Texas Wins. I went to Texas A&M, and during the regular season, I want nothing more than to beat Texas, but once the bowl season comes around, I'm rooting for the Big 12.

I honestly would rather see TCU play 'bama or Texas. I honestly can't stand the BCS system and we need some sort of playoff. People keep arguing the regular season is a playoff, but we have 5 undefeated teams. The TCU vs Boise State match up is a cop out. TCU vs Florida would have been a better match up b/c we need to see what this team can do against the Big Boys. This won't happen when they play Boise State. BCS System blows and for a sport that features such an exciting regular season, it always ends on a down note every year b/c of the BCS bowl game selection process. :no:
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:17 pm

This is an easy pick, Alabama will roll over Texas just like they did Florida. Nick will get his guys healthy and prepared. Just look at the numbers guys. Look at the schedule. Texas hasn't played anyone other than a bunch of blind and deaf schools. OK should of beat them, your best performance against a top ranked team was against OK st. and until Texas they didn't play anyone other than GA as their first game which GA is rebuilding. Anybody that Texas has played with any skill has almost beat them. NEB should of beat ya'll if they had an offense, If Bradford was healthy you wouldn’t have won. Alabama is out of the toughest conference in the nation and to run the table, amazing. They've been tested and came out on top every time. Played more ranked teams throughout the season (then #7 V.T>finished #11, then #20 Miss>didn’t finish ranked but finished strong, #22 S.C.>same, #9 LSU>finished #12 and #1 Florida>finished #3) and the Big 12 is just week this season. Enjoy the weather and the pretty girls because after the coin flip here comes the pain, nuff said Alabama 28 Texas 10

Ingram show you why he won the Heisman.....when he wins it, lol
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Sports