Battle of the unbeatens...

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Battle of the unbeatens...

Postby quackerattacker » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:15 am

Boise State reached into it's bag o tricks once again and handed the former #4 Horned Frogs a loss. The duel between the two supposed offensive powerhouses (ranked 2nd and 4th in scoring offense respectively) was little more than a punt-fest. Boise State faked a punt on its own 33 late in the game and picked up 30 yards. TCU couldn't recover and Boise State drove on to win 17-10.

Did anyone watching the game actually believe either of these teams looked like potential national champions? Florida embarrassed #3 Cincy and would have easily thumped both these teams. If Alabama beats Texas as easily as most of you think, I guess maybe the bowl season really was for naught and the national champion was once again decided in the SEC championship game...
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Re: Battle of the unbeatens...

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:24 am

Its hard to say and there are two big reasons why its hard to say.

1) Most of these games are happening over a month after any of these teams last regular season game. All momentum and some chemistry is gone. This doesn't just affect TCU and Boise, it affects Texas and Bama as well.

2) Do you think a TCU or Boise gets as fired up about Poinsettia Bowl rematch as they would about playing Texas or the Tide? I doubt it.

Those are also the two main reasons I have problems getting fired up about any bowl game, including my own teams game. Bowl games are about what teams can maintain some type of chemistry a month after the regular season is over. For this reason, these are nothing more than pre-season exhibition games, rather than post season games.

But to answer your question, if Bama plays like they did against Florida, I'm not sure anyone in the country can beat them. 1 month later, who knows what bama team will show up.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:42 pm

I couldn't agree more, 'swatter. I think the game tomorrow night should be interesting. I agree that the Tide should beat the 'horns, even though Mack Brown has a better record of getting his teams prepared for bowl games. Can't wait!
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:12 pm

i was very impressed w/ boise, mostly because of their defensive play in that game. i think you have to start putting them in the talk of the title game if they contenue to go undefeated.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:13 pm

they need to move to the pac 10. not sure if they have enough sports though...
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Return to Sports