NASCAR

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

NASCAR

Postby TNDuckHunter1 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:59 pm

Just wanted to see who on here were fans and wanted to see what you guys think?

Think the 48 will pull it off again?
TNDuckHunter1
hunter

Re: NASCAR

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon May 10, 2010 9:38 am

I used to watch more NASCAR, but still follow it pretty well. If I'm in the house on a Sunday, I'll turn on the race in the background. If I don't do that, then I'll DVR it and fast forward to the last half of the race. IDK why I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

I honestly think they need to reduce the length of a lot of hte races. Especially places like California, where the racing is not that exciting anyways. I think the Chase has been a double edged sword as well by alienating some of the core fans while trying to seek out new ones.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby TNDuckHunter1 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:52 pm

I agree with making some of the races is shorter. Some of the drivers complain about fans wanting to see the crashes. Who wants to watch them drive around in circles for 5 hours with nothing happening.

Not sure who your favorite driver is but i don't think jimmy johnson going to make it this year.

This next statement should get this forum going. Would you agree that dale junior is overrated?
TNDuckHunter1
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue May 11, 2010 2:47 pm

TNDuckHunter1 wrote:I agree with making some of the races is shorter. Some of the drivers complain about fans wanting to see the crashes. Who wants to watch them drive around in circles for 5 hours with nothing happening.

Not sure who your favorite driver is but i don't think jimmy johnson going to make it this year.

IDK who my favorite driver is anymore. I used to pull for Johnson. 2 years ago, I really wanted Jr. to turn it around, but now I'm pulling more and more for Martin.

Come chase time Knaus and Johnson are the team to beat. The last three years have proven that. I think it will be better for the sport if someone else wins. My sentimental favorite this year is Mark Martin, I'd love to see him go out on top. He's gotten second just one too many times.

TNDuckHunter1 wrote: This next statement should get this forum going. Would you agree that dale junior is overrated?

When he has the same cars and engines as 3 of the best in the business, i.e. Martin, Gordon, and Johnson, and still can't win . . . I'd say its official that he is overrated.

I've never been a huge Jr. Fan, but I have defended him a couple of times when he was at DEI. But after he moved to Hendrick and couldn't perform I now feel he is mediocre at every track except the restricter plate races. The man can do some amazing things in a draft and I think he has another Daytona or 'dega win left in him.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby TNDuckHunter1 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:09 am

Yea....I dont have a fav driver either. I like to see different people win and perform well. I did some work for NASCAR for about a year and met everyone. Some are genuin people and some are pretty arogant.

I guess cane will replace martin in a couple years. That has not been said but he has talked about retiring soon. i would replace JR but he is too much money even if he DNF's every race. I am not a Jr. fan but i wanted him to win because he struggles so much and he has all the support you can ask for. if he is leading he will miss the pit box or lose 6 places on pit road.

what is kurt busch driving next year?

Think Danica will do any better this fall?
TNDuckHunter1
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed May 12, 2010 9:08 am

Yeah, it would be great for the sport for Jr. to win a few races. He definitely fills the most seats and anytime your most popular driver can win over your best driver, it is a good thing.

I haven't really kept up with Kurt Busch and wasn't aware he was trying to leave. He has a pretty sweat deal at Penske, especially now he has Steve Addington(SP?) as his crew chief.

I'm kind of wondering what Danika is going to do. I know she is racing for JR Motor Sports part time, and I kind of had her pegged to come into Hendrick, since Jr and Go Daddy are already there. Unless Gordon decides to retire, I don't think it will happen since Kahne is coming in to replace Martin.

I don't know that Danika will do bad, but she has a lot to learn. Juan Pablo is probalby the most successful open wheel guy in NASCAR at present. I don't think she can come in and do what JPM does, because she is not as good a driver as JPM. Regardless, NASCAR would benefit from her popularity. I think she'll eventually be another Jr, where it doesn't matter if she DNF's every race, having her at the track ever week will still fill seats.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby TNDuckHunter1 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:19 pm

So lets talk about Danika. I can enjoy the beauty of of a woman as much as any other guy. But I am a little dissapointed in her.

As far as i can see her only comercial with a little "class" is the Academy one. The stats show that she is a huge role model to woman (most younger) the name Danika went up a huge %in the last couple years but most of her tv adds are 99% sex. She is even in the shower with another woman in one of them.

I know sex sells but what do you think?

If I had a daughter that had her as a "hero"I would want to see her do a little more than seduce men on webcams.
TNDuckHunter1
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri May 14, 2010 2:59 pm

TNDuckHunter1 wrote:So lets talk about Danika. I can enjoy the beauty of of a woman as much as any other guy. But I am a little dissapointed in her.

As far as i can see her only comercial with a little "class" is the Academy one. The stats show that she is a huge role model to woman (most younger) the name Danika went up a huge %in the last couple years but most of her tv adds are 99% sex. She is even in the shower with another woman in one of them.

I know sex sells but what do you think?

If I had a daughter that had her as a "hero"I would want to see her do a little more than seduce men on webcams.

I don't have kids, so everything is hypothetical. Her commercials don't honestly bother me that much. I know she has had some seductive commercials and done some Bikini Spreads, but her "Sexuality" doesn't bother me as much as her temper. In the few IRL races that I have watched, it is quite apparent she has a hot head.

I wouldn't say that her temper is any worse than Tony Stewart's temper, but its bothered me the couple of times I've seen it come out. All that said, I'm not a big fan of people looking up to sports stars as their role models and I think she will still be good for NASCAR if she can become competitive.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby woodduck14 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:59 pm

I root for Matt Kenseth, 5th in pts right now so its going pretty good.

Jimmie will make the chase, but wont win it this year

JR is over rated, but people will always root for him.

Danica will be in NASCAR next season, I think the sport needs to her to get some new viewers/fans. More people might tune in if shes racing.

Other than that, lets go 17!
Don't tread on me.
woodduck14
hunter

Postby TNDuckHunter1 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:28 pm

woodduck14 wrote:I root for Matt Kenseth, 5th in pts right now so its going pretty good.

Jimmie will make the chase, but wont win it this year

JR is over rated, but people will always root for him.

Danica will be in NASCAR next season, I think the sport needs to her to get some new viewers/fans. More people might tune in if shes racing.

Other than that, lets go 17!

I think JR is done...i would be suprised if he ever won another race (not coasting on fuel or rain)...I don't get the impression he really cares that much. If he does go back to DEI he may do something but I won't bank on it.

The rednecks got off easy adding another 8 tattoo but now they have to go back.
TNDuckHunter1
hunter

Postby TCH » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:34 am

I'll bring some life to the old thread to say hopefully Jr. can keep up what he has done in the first three races. Seems like there is a commercial every 5 laps this year. I think it would be better for the sport to shorten the schedule but that would be just about impossible for a track to want to give up one of their races. What does everybody think about the new car? and about Danica and Stenthouse being a thing?
TCH
hunter

Postby quackhead7606 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:12 pm

Bringing up a old thread with the new season starting very soon im excited to see how the bad boy Kurt Busch does in his new car and tem with rowdy tony Stewart and new team member mr where did he come from Kevin Harvick. Hope since Kurt made chase with single car team and since he said that it feels like when he was at Roush where he won a championship, hopefully he will do even better!!!!
quackhead7606
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:57 am

Compensate your brake fluid and get yer, get yer brakes working so you can stop sometimes...
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1394819845578.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1394819845578.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1394819845578.jpg (8.95 KiB) Viewed 177 times
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Return to Sports