Duck Hunting Forum banner

College Football 2010 Predictions

12K views 78 replies 12 participants last post by  quackerattacker 
#1 ·
Don't want to hear, "We're the best this year, national championship bound, yada yada yada," because you're a fan of that team.

i'm talking realistic predictions/outlooks.

some SEC talk: Bama lost a lot on Defense but saban reloads so they're for real probably. florida, dunno, though i think new qb will be better than tebow last season w/out harvin. Arkansas, no defense. A lot of talk on Auburn but I can't see why. LSU is pooing talent but is young, has QB questions and if the O-line isn't vastly improved forget it. they are FAST. I am an LSU fan, and if those few things do work out (big IF), watch out. I think this year S.C. has its best chance to do something in the East, but they seem like let downs each season w/ spurrier.

a few other teams, conferences:

ohio state is setup to have an undefeated season and go to the championship, provided pryor is more complete and they don't stub their toe along the way.

i have no clue w/ the big 12. I like nebraska a lot, and this might be their year to win the north and the whole conference.

pac 10, dunno. i like where washington is headed. i'm sure it'll be out of the ducks, or state and ucla, though.

other teams that appear to have a shot to make a run: va tech, north carolina, imo. no i'm sure i'm missing a lot of teams, just want to talk some college football, w/ out trying to have a pissing contest.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm an SEC fan, but I'm afraid a couple of good teams from weak conferences will play for the title. This is the year the SEC shoots itself in the foot with too much talent. Alabama will be good, but with the losses on defense they'll never survive their conference schedule. I agree the Auburn hoopla is just wishful thinking spawned by hopeful sportswriters with the arrival of the new QB from Florida. Arkansas will post some incredible numbers with the most talented string of receivers in the country and the defense will be much improved, but just how much is the question. LSU, Georgia, and Florida are the biggest mysteries for me. South Carolina just doesn't believe it can win, regardless of who the coach is...sorry fans.

I think this is the year for Boise State to put up or shut up. They've finally got a preseason ranking high enough to guarantee a trip to the NC game if they can win their only two tough games and take care of business.

Ohio State has it almost as easy as Boise if they can just put a complete season together, but I doubt it'll happen.

I like Texas and their defense, but keep an eye on Oklahoma. I think either team could take it all with a little luck.

It's gonna be a great year for college football!

#3 ·
I agree, seems like a lot of uncertainty this year; more than mosts. LSU has a highly touted receiving core as well. it's just the matter of getting them the rock. gary crowton, :no: .

#4 ·
I feel for ya, bayou, but I thought your offense did great considerin' the QB struggles following the Perrilloux debacle. That kid could have been awesome with half a brain. I honestly believe with a little luck, LSU just may be the dark horse from the SEC this year. I believe you have a returning starter at QB for the first time in a few years and LSU is way overdue for a break.

Gooooo Tigers...except against the Hogs. :lol3:

#5 ·
quackerattacker said:
I feel for ya, bayou, but I thought your offense did great considerin' the QB struggles following the Perrilloux debacle. That kid could have been awesome with half a brain. I honestly believe with a little luck, LSU just may be the dark horse from the SEC this year. I believe you have a returning starter at QB for the first time in a few years and LSU is way overdue for a break.

Gooooo Tigers...except against the Hogs. :lol3:
perriloux, i thought we had one coming our way for finally doing the right thing and cutting him loose. i appreciate your optimism. you're right, Jordan Jefferson has done well considering and last season was is first one. i read a blog recently that broke down the second year starting qb's LSU has had recently, and they all did much better that second season.

i've always been a miles supporter and given him the benefit of the doubt, i mean the guy won a nc 3 seasons ago. but sometimes i don't know. he is one heck of a recruiter but i don't know. lost a lot of o-lineman via transfer which caused us major issues last year. i hope they have a good season.

it's coming soon. i was looking at y'all's schedule, it's no picnic, but i think it shapes up pretty good for y'all, what do you think?

#6 ·
I think we've got a great schedule, just too many if's. The Hogs wound up 8-5 last year and everyone is expecting them to improve a lot this year. If Ryan Mallett can learn to not force it so much and our defense learns to stop the deep pass and our kicker can actually kick it and they dodge any season-altering injuries...maybe we can win some conference games. We won a grand total of 3 conference games last year, and winning more is the only way to improve. It could happen.

#7 ·
The Hawgs offense should be fun to watch this year, without defensive breakdowns they could have a real good season. Being a Jayhawk fan i have never been so clueless as what to expect, following the meltdown from last year along with a new head coach, new offensive and defensive coordinators. Think the Big 12 will come down to who wins the Oklahoma-Texas game, seems to be that way every year.

#8 ·
I agree, Jarbo, it does seem the winner of Oklahoma vs Texas is always in the driver's seat and this year seems to be no different. It should be interesting. Kansas is definitely a big question mark. I'd expect the transition to take awhile. Good luck!

#10 ·
I don't think anyone considers the Big 10 weak. They've received more BCS bowl bids than any other conference, so it'd be hard not to place them among college football's elite programs. Ohio State is a perennial powerhouse. Michigan, not so much anymore. :lol3: :hammer:

#11 ·
dogknott said:
The Big 10(11), IF, BIG IF, the Buckeyes get past Wisconson at Madison, and even a BIGGER if they can get THE HAWKEYE'S, at Iowa city, they will be the National Champions.

Big 10 weak? GET REAL!!!
i can see them getting there, but more than likely not winning it.

#19 ·
quackerattacker said:
I think the Big Ten made a respectable showing last year. They've not generally fared so well in the BCS bowl season, but last year was an exception. I think Ohio State is for real this year.
they play miami this weekend, ought to be good. curious to see penn state and bama, too.

anything else i'm missing?

#21 ·
quackerattacker said:
I think the Notre Dame - Michigan game will be great. The Irish looked pretty good against Purdue. We'll see.
You're right, ought to be good. I'm not the biggest rodrigez fan, but I think it was waaay too early w/ the hot seat talk. That qb looked good.

I believe Oklahoma is playing fla state, too. Could be wrong, need to check.

#22 ·
Don't forget the Tennessee - Oregon game either, bayou'. I'm not sure Oregon should be a two touchdown favorite, even against lowly Tennessee. We'll see...

I missed the Oklahoma - Florida State match up, bayou'. You're right, that should be a great game and probably set the tone for OK's season. Gonna be a great Saturday for football...AFTER the teal opener. I can't wait! Good luck if you get to hunt this weekend! I saw several wads o teal here last Saturday.

#23 ·
quackerattacker said:
Don't forget the Tennessee - Oregon game either, bayou'. I'm not sure Oregon should be a two touchdown favorite, even against lowly Tennessee. We'll see...

I missed the Oklahoma - Florida State match up, bayou'. You're right, that should be a great game and probably set the tone for OK's season. Gonna be a great Saturday for football...AFTER the teal opener. I can't wait! Good luck if you get to hunt this weekend! I saw several wads o teal here last Saturday.
thanks, you too. great time of year. got an invite on a hunt saturday and from what i understand it's gonna be shooting and not hunting so that will be a little different. so the plan is to limit out early, clean em up and marinade in college football the rest of the day.

what did arkansas do this past weekend and who do they play this saturday?

LSU fans want to kill miles already.

#24 ·
oh, south carolina vs georgia, too. that my be one of the better ones. i wonder if s.carolina is a contender for once.

#25 ·
Now that's a plan, and somewhat similar to mine...I hope. The teal are here but our fields aren't cut, so we'll be on the reservoir. It'll probably work.

The Hogs beat Tennessee Tech 44-3. Mallett played three quarters and went 21 for 24 with three TD's, 301 yards and an int. This week it's Louisiana-Monroe.

I think this could be South Carolina's year, if Spurrier can finally convince 'em they can win. They just need a change in mindset. I know I wish we were playin' 'em at home this year.

#26 ·
quackerattacker said:
Now that's a plan, and somewhat similar to mine...I hope. The teal are here but our fields aren't cut, so we'll be on the reservoir. It'll probably work.

The Hogs beat Tennessee Tech 44-3. Mallett played three quarters and went 21 for 24 with three TD's, 301 yards and an int. This week it's Louisiana-Monroe.

I think this could be South Carolina's year, if Spurrier can finally convince 'em they can win. They just need a change in mindset. I know I wish we were playin' 'em at home this year.
damn, that's good.

auburn at miss state tonight but i'm going to be watching the saints. i'm real curious about that game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.