College Football 2010 Predictions

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Re: College Football 2010 Predictions

Postby bayouboy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:19 pm

aggiechiro wrote:
bayouboy wrote:i'm not saying it's the only good conference, but it is by far the best.

this year i'd agree. however on average i'd say the big 12 is close enough to call it a wash. the sec may usually have the best team overall, but they stackup well typically.

i think the sec has been considerably stronger this decade, from national titles & bowl wins to players in the nfl.

y'all quit playing defense in the big 12 and i don't buy that 42-35 league (however, the auburn - arkansas score does not help that arguement.)

i'd have to say the big 12 is 2nd best, there's just such a drop off after oklahoma and texas though for real contenders most years in, years out.

LSU, Florida, Alabama have all won national championships this decade, LSU 2x and florida 2X.

auburn was robbed of having a shot at it when they went undefeated and oklahoma went and got drummed by USC.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:27 pm

bayouboy wrote:quacker, check-in; let us know you are still alive.

Eh, muzzleloader season is open here and buddies have been donatin' deer so me and my knives been busy. Been workin' on the pit as well.

The Arkansas-Auburn game surprised me a bit Saturday. The score was about twice what I expected. I honestly had no idea Auburn's defense was weaker than ours.

g100driver wrote:What cracks me up ... after reading this thread ... is you SEC guys still think playing in the BCS championship is your birthright! :biggrin: :fingerpt:

How bout both U of O's or Brocos .... or God forbid .. those horny tree frogs (or whatever they call themselves) ... The SEC might not even show up to the big show this year .....

Wrong. No other argument can be made except previous outcomes against BCS opponents. The season is goin' exactly as I'd thought. High preseason rankings for some that won't be tested and an SEC schedule that will make it all but Impossible for an SEC team to finish undefeated will probably make Boise fans happy this year...providing they get paired with those Toads or the like. They call it a BCS championship for a reason. You should get in on your merits, not because you think you should...which can be your only argument. The better SEC teams are beating each other, so it's kinda hard to stay at the top. :no:

I like the Big 12, but just like the SEC, they beat on each other then still have to play a championship game. It's tough. You're right, we need a Boise and TCU championship game that nobody'll watch. Then we'll get a playoff.
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby hogfan88 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:24 am

I agree if TCU and Boise State make it to the big show that will be the least watched BCS championship game ever.

Quacker, what did you think about tyler wilson?
hogfan88
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

hogfan88 wrote:Quacker, what did you think about tyler wilson?

Honestly, I think with Wilson at the helm, we'd at least be 6-1. At least.
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Previous

Return to Sports