Another One Bites the Dust!

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Another One Bites the Dust!

Postby duckbio » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:02 pm

3rd week in a row the #1 falls......... Few sorry for whoever gets that ranking. Sorry Oregon
"Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but political correctness is killing me."
duckbio
hunter

Re: Another One Bites the Dust!

Postby andymac32 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:34 pm

Oregon aint goin no where!!!! They've definately got some tough games left. Ecspecially next week at usc, but we'll see this season has been crazy for sure. GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!
andymac32
hunter

Postby g100driver » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 am

Disclaimer here ... HUGE Ducks fan ....

Given the schedule I can understand the rankings. It is really too bad that a computer cannot watch a game because they would see it differently. It is also too bad the Tenn was the only SEC team to man up this year when it came to playing the Pac-10 in non conference play. I look forward to playing Auburn or Alabama on Jan 10th in Glendale to settle this once and for all!

(i know, I had previously said SEC might now show up, but given the rest of the season, I do not think that is possible)
g100driver
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:49 pm

g100driver wrote:Disclaimer here ... HUGE Ducks fan ....

Given the schedule I can understand the rankings. It is really too bad that a computer cannot watch a game because they would see it differently. It is also too bad the Tenn was the only SEC team to man up this year when it came to playing the Pac-10 in non conference play. I look forward to playing Auburn or Alabama on Jan 10th in Glendale to settle this once and for all!

(i know, I had previously said SEC might now show up, but given the rest of the season, I do not think that is possible)

there's nothing to settle. sec is better.

ducks better watch out for usc saturday night, too.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby g100driver » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:52 pm

bayouboy wrote:

I think you are correct on point ... SC will be tough. U of O has made them look bad several times when they were in the same position so they will definatly be out for blood. Not to mention U of O's road team has not been tested and they have a bad habbit of giving up yards on defense. There true saving grace has been their abilty to put almost 600 yards of offence each and every game.

As far as the SEC being better ... sure historically they have beat the pac-10 60+% of the time. Now in the past 10 years the pac-10 is up by 60+% (you can look it up). My point being that the SEC star is falling and new teams (not just pac-10) are rising.

Now ... if we want to talk graduation rates (the true disgrace of the SEC) then that is a whole other subject! :hammer: :hi:
g100driver
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:50 pm

g100driver wrote:
bayouboy wrote:

I think you are correct on point ... SC will be tough. U of O has made them look bad several times when they were in the same position so they will definatly be out for blood. Not to mention U of O's road team has not been tested and they have a bad habbit of giving up yards on defense. There true saving grace has been their abilty to put almost 600 yards of offence each and every game.

As far as the SEC being better ... sure historically they have beat the pac-10 60+% of the time. Now in the past 10 years the pac-10 is up by 60+% (you can look it up). My point being that the SEC star is falling and new teams (not just pac-10) are rising.

Now ... if we want to talk graduation rates (the true disgrace of the SEC) then that is a whole other subject! :hammer: :hi:

umm...

"Conference-wise, the SEC did quite well in the NCAA report. The graduation success rate for the conference's student athletes was 72% and only bested by the Big Ten's 78%. The ACC matched the SEC's 72% while The Big XII tallied 67% and the vaunted Pac 10 only mustered 65%."

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2010/10/27/ ... tion-rates

how is the SEC a falling star?

seriously?

this is a down year for the SEC, and currently they have the #1 ranked team in the country, 2 top 10 teams, and 6 (half of the conference) is ranked in the top 25.

who won the last 4 bcs championships?

SEC has most bcs champions w/ 6 (big 12 is in second w/ 2)

what else? want to look at pro players, too?

opinions are cool, but i prefer facts.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:52 pm

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2010/10/27/ ... tion-rates

1st link did not work.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

bayouboy
hunter

Postby g100driver » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Second link did not work either ...

Anyhow, by doing the math here I came up with a different number ...Thank God for Vanderbilt and Stanford, eh? Both the SEC and the PAC 10 are running at just over 60.5% and 63%

http://stanford.scout.com/2/827873.html

Seriously, with exception of Stanford and and Vanderbilt all the numbers are disgraceful.

With respect to SEC being a falling star ... there record in the past 10 years against the pac 10 has improved dramaticly 11-9 in games played. Which is disturbing is that there are so few games. I have loved going to Oklahoma when they stomped on us in 2005. I just wish that we could go down to Alabama or Auburn (same state I know) ... but alas tis not the SEC way to play pac-10 teams in non conference play. Bring on Duke they say instead. :biggrin:

Anyhow my new Bayou friend, enjoy your hunt this weekend if you headed out and blast some for me ... I am here in LA to watch the Ducks! I will get em on Monday morning when I am back in Oregon.:beer:
g100driver
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:33 pm

g100driver wrote:Second link did not work either ...

Anyhow, by doing the math here I came up with a different number ...Thank God for Vanderbilt and Stanford, eh? Both the SEC and the PAC 10 are running at just over 60.5% and 63%

http://stanford.scout.com/2/827873.html

Seriously, with exception of Stanford and and Vanderbilt all the numbers are disgraceful.

With respect to SEC being a falling star ... there record in the past 10 years against the pac 10 has improved dramaticly 11-9 in games played. Which is disturbing is that there are so few games. I have loved going to Oklahoma when they stomped on us in 2005. I just wish that we could go down to Alabama or Auburn (same state I know) ... but alas tis not the SEC way to play pac-10 teams in non conference play. Bring on Duke they say instead. :biggrin:

Anyhow my new Bayou friend, enjoy your hunt this weekend if you headed out and blast some for me ... I am here in LA to watch the Ducks! I will get em on Monday morning when I am back in Oregon.:beer:

agree to disagree. i hope for a good game saturday night, have fun.

duck season isn't open here yet, so no go. wish you luck as well, i would love to hunt in oregon one day.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

bayouboy
hunter

Postby g100driver » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:56 pm

I shoot some good land in Oregon ... if you find your way up here you are more than welcome ... but I must warn you you .. I hunt with a former Washington Husky football player!
g100driver
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:13 pm

g100driver wrote:I shoot some good land in Oregon ... if you find your way up here you are more than welcome ... but I must warn you you .. I hunt with a former Washington Husky football player!

thanks for the invite. hopefully i can take you up on it one day.

it's all good. i like washington and a lot of the pac 10 teams. i just despise USC though. i think standford is awesome, like the beavers, and your ducks.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

bayouboy
hunter

Postby tbax » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:14 am

Any second thoughts after last night, our first in 53 years and it is sweet. Way to go coach Chizik, way to go Auburn and the SEC onc is again on top at the end of another great season. WAR EAGLE.
tbax
hunter

Postby g100driver » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:37 pm

tbax wrote:Any second thoughts after last night, our first in 53 years and it is sweet. Way to go coach Chizik, way to go Auburn and the SEC onc is again on top at the end of another great season. WAR EAGLE.

Yep, Aubrun was ahead at the end of 60 minutes. I believe the difference in the game was your defensive line. They were truly superior and won the game (IE shut down LaMicheal James). Other than that the teams were very well balanced and the score reflected it. Great game ... wrong outcome :wink:

Just kidding congratulations on a great win and season.
g100driver
hunter

Postby Bird Boy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:58 pm

One day all the ninja's are gonna realize the SEC is the top conference. :hi:
Bird Boy
hunter

Return to Sports