Is Manning the next Marino?

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Is Manning the next Marino?

Postby Canadian Quacker » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:44 am

Do you guys think Manning will ever win a championship?
I think Manning is a great QB however when watching the game Sunday, he looked like a QB that broke under the pressure. Atleast 10 of his passes were overthrows, some of them he missed the receivers badly. Im just wondering what your thoughts are on the game.

Anyways, Im extremely happy that the Steelers won.
GO STEELERS!!!!

CQ
Canadian Quacker
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:35 pm

Manning has had way more chances then Marino and he also has way more talent then he ever did.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby goldhunter470 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:29 pm

Exaclty what mallardhunter said. Marino won games and broke records with no running game and no defense. His teams were never expected to win anything, but he put that team on his shoulders and carried them. Manning has it all. A solid defense and a great running back and still does nothing but complain and pin losses on his protection. When Marino lost it was because the Dolphins lost. Period. It is an insult to Marino to call Manning the next Marino. No matter if he wins or not, he will always be remembered for losing when he should have won.

And this rambling tyrade comes from a Buffalo stinkin' Bills fan. I hate Dan Marino!! :salude:
Input that enables becomes thoughts that smother.
goldhunter470
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:50 pm

You guys are crazy! Sorry I got in this discussion so late. I'll preface this statement by saying that I'm not a Marino fan. However, he is easily one of the best to ever play the game. Please dont compare Manning to the greatness that is Marino. Manning's talent is yet to be determined. His displays on the colligate and professional levels, in the play-offs, have been laughable. He is very good and easily liked, but no Marino. Manning has Harrison and Edge coupled with a great O-line. Montana had Rice. Aikman had Irvin and Smith. Bradshaw had Swan, Stallworth and Franco Harris. I could go on and on. The bottom line is that Marino has nearly EVERY passing record that there is, even with a crappy team for much of his career. 1st ballad Hall of Famer, no question. Will Manning get Marino type accolades? Well see.
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Return to Sports