Stanley Cup

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Stanley Cup

Postby DucksDown07 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Don't know how many of you watch Hockey, but the first game is awesome. Action packed, great goalies. One guy actually bit someone, how low is that? I hope he's thrown from game 2 :hi:
Some people say, "if it flies, it dies"
I'm on record the "if it just sits there, it still dies"
-Phil Robertson, The Duck Commander
DucksDown07
hunter

Re: Stanley Cup

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:01 pm

I like hockey, but we don't hardly see any on TV. Last night's game was awesome. This is going to be a great series.
All turkeys must die!!!

WTN10 wrote:Mark your calendars, boys. This is the day WTN10 was wrong. The cat above is 100% correct.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:48 pm

I think its going to depend on if Vancouvers offense gets on a roll or not. If they are able to cycle the puck and create all those scoring chances they normally do i think theyll win the series. If the series is low scoring and defensive like game one i give the nod to the Bruins as, IMO, Thomas is the better goalie of the two. I think with him in net and Bostons defensive minded play they can win a low scoring series....Game 1 was pretty good, but uncharacteristic for the Canucks. They just were not as sharp as they normally are....Other than that game ending play with 18 seconds to go. Thats Vancouver hockey. I expect to see more of that tick tack toe type stuff from them...Time will tell.

Oh...Burrows was not suspended for the biting incident
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby DucksDown07 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Well, 2 hours and counting until game two. Hopefully I get out of work soon and can get a pizza to go with the game. I'm surprised that Burrows wasn't disciplined :hammer: much, if any, for the biting incident. But that's hockey, let 'em play haha
DucksDown07
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Well, Thomas has been spectacular, Luongo average at best and Vancouvers O has not gotten on a roll. Game 4 and its 0-0 through two....This series has taken on a Boston feel in every sense. Theyre working harder, playing great D and getting the goaltending. Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:10 am

Well, no suprise, Boston was playing the right way and had the Canucks wondering what happened for much of the series from game 3 on. Luongo didnt play his best and Kesler didnt get the help he needed. Hats off to the Bruins. Congrats to Thomas and Kesler, two Michigan boys for playing great and being clear cut Conn Smythe trophy candidates....and ultimately Thomas for winning it.

Sure was sad to see a great night of hockey tainted by some punks in Vancouver. A riot after their 94 cup finals loss and now again in 2011. Classes i say classless.
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby DucksDown07 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:33 am

I agree. I think the physicality of the Bruins took it's toll on the Canucks through 7 games. Helluva game last night, congrats to Boston and Vancouver both. What a way for Mark Recchi to leave, with one more Stanley Cup.

As for the riots, it is a shame. Instead of destroying things, why not just be happy to have the second best team in the NHL? It's too bad.
DucksDown07
hunter

Return to Sports