ncaa men's college basketball tourney

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

ncaa men's college basketball tourney

Postby shrpshtr » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:17 pm

anyone here enjoy march madness? it's getting to be bracket time y'all. there is no other way to conceivably enjoy watching teams like loyola-merrimont or bucknell play unless it's in the tourney...any body else interested in an online tourney challange?
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:38 am

I don't get into all the online fanticey stuff, ain't got the time fer it but i love college sports, expessially football....LSU FAN...but follow the basketball tourney till the end. Should be another goodin, air force academy might have a chance to get in. I love it for the underdogs to sneek up and boot you out and all the nail bite'ers, awesome. So who's you team. I don't have a set team, but i like to watch LSU, DUKE, NC, and UCONN...GONZAGA every once in a while.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby shrpshtr » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:09 am

for better or worse, i am a gamecock fan. always have been, always will be.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

shrpshtr
hunter

Postby goosecaller » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:14 am

When the tournament starts I will be on a cruise ship drinking a cold one and watching game after game in the Western Carribean!!! Man is that going to suck.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:18 am

ROCK CHALK babby.

KU. I would be happy with a sweet 16 out of them this year. Maybe even sneek up into the elite 8.

Anybody but **** Vitale's Duke'ies.

Adam Morrison with Gonzaga, but they don't play much D, don't thinks theyll get far.

Texas has the game to go far.

Then there is Roy with the Tar Heals. They are by far the hottest team going into the dance.

I could see them going final 4.

Oh, don't forget Illinois. Their Tough.

The Ohio State University. first round LOSS

I could go on. :toofunny:

to answer your question.

YES, I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby goosecaller » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:26 am

I am with ACE, OSU doen't have what it takes. I will take Illinois as the only big ten team going to the Final 4. I don't know if they can get back to the national championship game though. Hate to say it, but Duke is still tough. I hate those guys. UNC might just have what it takes this year though.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:49 pm

I am a Jayhawk to the bone. My grandma didnt even come to the hospital when my younger brother was born in 88 until after the KU game was over.

Jayhawks were hot but that loss to TX hurt. I hope Duke loses early. I hate it that JJ Redick can walk on water to every announcer. I am not that impressed with him at all.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:11 pm

ks, the biggest loss y'all have suffered is Roy. y'alls program just hasn't been the same since. i agree about OSU with the others. watch out if they are a 3 seed or worse, upset city! i am not impressed too much with illini either. i have watched them play several times and they are predominantly a 1 man show. i like jj but shelden is the backbone of that team. i hate to bust his bubble. oh, and yes if those freshman can keep it up, unc will be in the final 4.

note, my boys (gamecocks) probably won't even get an NIT invite this year.... :thumbsdown:
Talk 'em into givin' up!

shrpshtr
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:45 pm

Villanova and Uconn can go far but duke will go far w/ jj and williams. Not impressed with JJ he just became the ACC all time leading scorer.
"keep pissin i'm reloadin!"
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:00 am

Nobady is impressed with JJ come on, ya'll just mad cuz he comes to your town and shoots the lights out and walks off the court like he owns the place. I think that any man that runs up and down the court for 40 min and can still knock down the winning shot has my respect. I think UNCs fresheys are gonna choke, i'm looking for a sleeper to jump up and scare somebody, it gonna be a good'in.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Sports